Is This A Good Plan For My Future?

Discussion in 'General' started by uremom3, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Im not sure what i wanna do as a career. This is what i would love to do. I would like to attend a community college for horticulture and then move out to colorado and work at a local cultivation warehouse? Would that be a good plan or would it be dumb idea to make that a career?

Not much of a career honestly. It's the equivalent of working Mcdonalds drive through. Get some chemistry and look into extracts or glass blower maybe.

3. #3 Sgtstadanko707, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
    You and every other 18-30 year old are thinking the same thing.

4. #4 123burnthattree, Aug 4, 2014
    Yeah if I had a nickel for every time I have heard somebody say that I wouldn't have to work anymore probably.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Some people make it a reality. Sure, a majority of the people who talk about doing it don't. But I'm attending a University in CO for Botany in Spring and I got my foot in the door with a dispensary and I haven't even moved out there yet. If you're motivated and have drive you can do anything.

6. True. But I have heard so many people just say it since becoming legal. It is definitely true that those determined enough could do it. Whether it be colorado or another state by the time the person is ready

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

That job will be taken by wise old Mexican dudes who been growing herb for 40 years. I know id hire an old farm worker than some kid with a degree.

8. you cant really pick a major like that and know your exact end career. dont go in to horticulture because you want to grow weed, just grow weed. go in to horticulture if you truly love plants.

9. Old mexican dudes? Nah man. This isn't your black market weed we're talking about. Not anybody just gets into this business. What would a old farm working "mexican" know about plant genetics? They wouldn't. The field is in search of people who are educated and creative with the product. Sure, you're going to have your growers that produce bulk of decent product; but I guarantee you the guy that's pushing the top shelf shit knows a bit more.

Yea, some guy who has been growing and harvesting food his whole life is not smart enough to grow kick ass weed.

You have got to be shitting me! Its not rocket surgery!

11. Hydroponics isn't a matter of throwing seeds in the dirt. What does Pablo know about hydroponics?

12. #12 Heroic Dose, Aug 4, 2014

do you think youll learn more from taking a horticulture class vs having many years of experience actually growing plants?

lol dude. same thing different medium. they know the hows and whys of what youre doing and how to tell if their doing it correctly just by looking at the plant.

13. Are you guys numb in the brain? He could grow a good product, cool. But if you're not growing hydroponics or making concentrates/topicals... You're not doing anything for this next generation of marijuana use. People aren't looking for average anymore, they want good shit and it's becoming readily available.

Do you have a hydroponic garden? Its so simple a monkey can do it.

What would you know about growing good shit, you are way late for dinner skippy.

again, what do you think youll learn in a classroom you wouldnt better learn hands on?

16. I don't have one personally. But since in my near future I'll be investing in grow stuff I've done my research enough to know that it takes a lot of attention and knowledge of your conditions that your plants are in. You need to know quite a bit, not only about basic biology and chemistry but also lighting and proper ventilation.

And I hope that "Rocket Surgery" comment was sarcastic lol.  :hello:  :smoking:

An LED and a Mellon seed or tomato cutting and you can hone your skills now with a legal crop of your choosing running a DWC. Stawberries in an NFT or lettuce on floating raft.

I'm one of the people here who encourage people to try hydro because you have so much control and the big factor is the harvest are much bigger with less plants.

I think you should skip school and just grow pot, fuck bitches and get high all day.
    :D

This could also work. 

19. do ppl really think working at a club is a good job these days LOL. nigga u get like 10 a hour. its a fun chillen job way better then mcdonalds but its no carreer its something u do temporarly while ur tryna get ur cake up. this sounds like a better plan. fuck school nd learn what ur good at. then make money. i own websites. i own a importing buisness. i own stocks. im 18. parents didnt give me shit. im not ballin right now cuz of alot of shit. but give me 6 months ima be back to havin tons of money

Its how i got my first car and moved into my own place in 1985. I lived on a farm.  :D