Is this a good deal for a tent?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smithy1, Sep 23, 2018.

1. #2 Vee, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    its a good deal

if you had to add that all up at Amazon

what light are you leaping for ?

how many other forums have you trolled?

ps as replied on RIU Is this a good deal for a tent?

• Winner Winner x 1

2. I'm after a 600w hps light you get that included in the deal, I think ill stick with the magnetic ballast though and not switch to digital, The humming noise of the ballast doesn't bother me ill be in another room lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not a bad deal to get you started if you have no other equipment to set up a tent as of yet.

• Like Like x 2
  4. #5 Smithy1, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Top stuff ill be getting this on payday next week, Just wanted to run it past you guys first to see what yous think before I go for it reason being it's the first tent I'm buying, I'm currently growing 4 northern lights in my make shift grow room they only have 2 weeks until harvest but wanted a propper set up.

5. It's a decent setup for the price it seems, but the products included are only something I would go for if I had no other choice financially.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Absolutely agree.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's not a bad deal to be honest, and if you can't afford to pay more then it's a good option. However the reflector isn't great, I'd definitely get an air cooled hood, but maybe that won't be essential as winter is coming. A digital dimmable ballast is a massive improvement and worth the extra cost for the extra options. The fan isn't the best, I'd prefer to get a 6" systemair instead. The carbon filter is actually a good one, they are usually cheap crap when you get a set. Rhino is the best brand you can get, although their Pro range is a lot better than their Hobby range. They'll last a lot longer, but that's probably just something to consider when you look to replace it in about 6 months time

8. Ahh i see so what your saying they are better products out there but if I'm working on a budget (which I am) then its okay? My overall budget is £250, £200 for a tent lights carbon filter, And the other 50 for things I need along the way, I've already got all my nutes and additives the full canna range, Ohh yeah and 2 bags off Coco and 4 royal cheese seeds off royal queen so all I need is the tent etc.

9. I'd say the products included for the price attached are golden for you in your situation. Bought my 5' by 5' YieldLab tent for around 130.

10. I thought it wasn't a bad deal, Its the best one I've found on the net, I live round the corner from a grow shop and went there after work on Friday and he offered me a deal for carbon filter, 600w light 1x2 1x2 200 tent bud box I think it was and a "ram" fan for £300 odd he seemed a little pushy though as if he was desperate to sell it to me so I just said ill sleep on it and get back to him, But am foookk going back I've found this one, Ill get this and just replace the fan/carbon filter for a better one as I go along.

• Like Like x 1
  11. So you saying I should go for this buddy? Like i say I've got everything else I just need the environment lol

12. I'm saying if you have no other financial choice you should take this without thinking about it. You will only be able to grow 1-2 plants in there based on those dimensions though.

If you think you can save up for better equipment, I'd recommend doing that.

13. Yeah it's a good start and for 200 I doubt you'll beat that. A few things will be worth replacing once you've saved some cash from not having to buy weed, and you will save plenty as that set up can give you a pound if you don't make any big mistakes

• Like Like x 1
  14. Really 1-2 plants? I was after getting at least 4 in, Its a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m.

15. You're saying that setup can give him a pound? What yield do you project for my grow?

These are my plants. I'm vegging for another week or so, and then switching to flower.

Attached Files:

• rr.jpeg
      rr.jpeg
      File size:
      245.4 KB
      Views:
  16. Top stuff cheers for the advice, I just though I would put it on here to see what yous think before I take the plunge how many plants do you think I can fit in there? Also I'm confused at the choice off Fan it's either,

RVK 5" A1 In-Line Fan
    Or
    RAM 5" 2-speed Mixed Flow In-line Fan

17. depending on lights and strain genetics, around 2 pounds give or take some. Would be my guess

• Like Like x 1
  18. It depends how long you veg for and what size of pots you end up vegging in. If you veg in small one gallon pots and flip to flower fast, you could fit like 6-8 in there I'm thinking? Number would evidently decrease if you were to move to larger pots obviously.

19. Yeah? That's awesome man.

They're all blue cookies, a heavy yielder strain in case you don't know. Feminized seeds. I plan to switch to my 1000w HPS after 2.5 weeks into flowering with the MH I'm using right now for veg with these 3 Gallon pot plants.

My grow journal in case anyone is interested! My Grow Journal

• Like Like x 1