Is there such thing as a mouse friend?

Discussion in 'General' started by ridnkawie4life, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Ok so here I am catchin up on some good ol dragonball z (dont make fun) and smoking from my vapobulb that I just made, when I see somethin outta the corner of me eye. I have been hearing a strange noise coming from my ceiling recently but I figured it was the heat ducts expanding and contracting, no big deal. But recently we have caught a few mice in our attick, they come inside for the winter for heat and shelter.

And so I start thinkin, maybe this is a mouse, and sure enough, I stare at the corner for a little while and out pops this cute little mouse. It was running around like it was undercover trying to be as stealth as possible, running behind an article of clothing and hiding, then behind my dresser. And I am just staring at him so I do not frighten him away, and he keeps moving up, but he eventually saw me I guess and scurried back into the furnace room where he came from.

SO WHAT DO I DO?!!?! I see a poor little harmless mouse that is so cute and I feel bad for them having to always be on the run from a predator or the cold. Is it possible to have a friendship with a mouse like in the movies? I am starting to think my situation is somewhat like Ratatouille...I WANT THIS MOUSE TO TEACH ME HOW TO COOK! Maybe I can set a little thing of cheese out for him so that he can survive this harsh winter. I mean seriously how much damage can they cause?? I mean yeah on some rare occasions a mouse can cause a lot of damage but that doesnt happen too often...ADVICE!!!!

2. #2 Its a six, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    Aww! I think it's possible to have a mouse friend. Just as long as it doesn't find another mouse and make babies...that would be bad.

And you should get it high...definitely.

[Talk of getting animals/pets high is against the rules. -FW]

3. Befriending a mouse can be a very enriching experience. They offer some things many human friends cannot. Such as lyme disease, hanta virus, fleas and rabies. Not to mention the pleasure of living with something that shits and pisses all over your food and belongings.

Kill it or enjoy your plague.

4. #4 docleary, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    there is no talk of getting animals high allowed here in the City, but i know for a fact that mice like to get high.

edit - oh shit a 4:20 post!

[If you know the rule, than you should have left everything after the comma out. -FW]

5. haha im gonna make a movie about it...theres never been a movie about a dude who makes a mouse friend and just smokes and chills and does funny shit with it!!

6. this is me, stoned outta my mind with my old pet mouse.
    [​IMG]

he had the biggest fucking balls i've ever seen on a rodent, they dragged when he walked. now that i've said his balls dragged, here's a pic of him walkin in my hair :eek: this was after he had recieved a bath, of course.
    [​IMG]

7. Haha, not this mouse :) hes a movie star mouse, no diseases or anything, i can tell ;) and like i said, nothing TOO damaging, piss and shit can be cleaned up, and I dont mind getting rabies as long as i have a mouse as a friend.:D

8. Tie a little bell around it's tail so you don't lose him. Then listen carefully for a faint ringing as he gets carried off into the night by a hawk.

9. Kill it. They carry diseases...

[​IMG]

10. I'm thinking about the pet mouse on death row in the movie The Green Mile.

11. Definitely the funniest post in the thread.

But I had pet mice for a few years. It may take a while for the mouse to get used to you, but food is definitely a good lure.

12. mice fuck like nymphos man and shit everywhere and are just scared of everything, if you want to have a mouse friend then you gotta cage him.

13. yep yep, i had a mouse problem recently(cats got down to business) and i had left a bag of weed between my bed and the wall, next morning a mouse had chewed the corner of the bag out and spread my weed out everywhere. I am sure it had a great night!

14. mouse shit inside of the walls of your house can lead to mold and rotting

they'll chew your electrical wires (it will cost thousands of dollars and perhaps even new walls if you want to run the circuts again inside of a finished house. it's nearly impossible. i worked as an electrician for over a year. please just believe me.)

they fuck like rats (pun intended) and will multiply in rates you wouldnt even imagine possible (mothers can have many many clutches of young ones a year, and they can easily have ten babies at once)

finally, if they die inside of your walls they will stink (like a dead animal) and rot away slowly, filling your walls with decay and festering flesh stink as they go.

if i were you i'd get some traps and find the spots they regularly use to enter and exit the walls of your house (it is likely they spend most of their time in your walls)

finally, if you dont want to go the mouse trap rout you can alwyas get a cat (cats and terriers [the dogs] were domesticated almost entirely for the purpose of ridding human living space of small rodents. million of yeaers of evolution will take over your cat
    and he will SMASH those mice into little bits before ripping them to pieces, saving your family from disease and filth, as well as saving your house from damage)

15. Get a cat, that way you can solve the problem and still have a friend!

16. Bigtrees is right, i just dont want to quote that whole post.
    You're better off getting a pet mouse from a pet store that has been bred to be a pet...
    meaning a much lower chance of disease, plus you'd be keeping it in a cage, so no damage to your place at all. :)

I would, however get a female... as someone who used to work in a pet store I can tell you from experience that male mice fucking SMELL. Like they piss on everything and it's pretty gross. So yeah, I'll end my post on that pleasant note. :p

17. hah fine fine, no wild, flea bitten, rabies infected, nymphomaniac, wire eatin, baby poppin son of a bitch mouse friend for me :-( i was gonna buy him a little toy plane to fly in to like stewart little, and a cool outfit...guess thats just a fairytale though

18. Yeah, sorry man, everyone is right though. I thought I had just one a month or two ago, ended up killing six of the fuckers. There are likely already more in your house. Don't waste your money on live traps either, the mice don't even look twice at them. I figured if I caught a couple I could throw them in one of my tanks and keep them as pets, but I ended up having to use glue traps and snap traps.

19. i forgot to mention, after my mouse died he spent almost two years in the freezer.

20. Did you thaw him out every now and then, tie strings to it's arms and dance it around like a marionette? If so that is awesome.