Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is There Any Way To Avoid The Negative Effects Of Weed On Short Term Memory And Analytical Skills?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BearJew7, Jun 17, 2013.

1. #1 BearJew7, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    One of the only reasons I consider quitting smoking weed is that after getting high pretty consistently for a few weeks(I usually only vape at night, say 5 times a week), I definitely notice some negative effects on my memory and analytical skills.  I tend to forget details from conversations I have with people more often, and it takes me more time to read and comprehend a problem when doing homework, for example.

I'm a pretty intelligent person, and I'm planning on going to grad school for Statistics after this year -- a career path that's going to require pretty sharp mental capabilities..  I'm wondering if you guys have any tips or advice for retaining good memory and analytical skills while getting high pretty regularly?

I've also considered the possibility that perhaps weed barely effects memory and analytical skills at all, but me thinking it does sort of becomes a self fulfilling prophecy if that makes sense.  What do you guys think?  I love getting high and really dont want to quit, but given the career path Im choosing, maybe smoking weed isnt exactly the best idea for me..

2. I'd go with self-fulfilling prophecy. Just get some good exercise in and try to keep the mind sharp.