Is there any way around this?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by waiting2inhale, Dec 13, 2009.

1. I have a Philips Go Gear 30GB Mp3 player (Model:6330/17) and Windows Vista. I tried installing the software but I got a message stating that I need Windows Media Player 10/XP to run the program. The computer recognizes the device when I plug it in the usb port, but it doesn't come up in my computer. I checked Device Manager and under Portable Devices, there are two entries for 'MTP Device' with yellow exclamation marks. When I double click each, thereis a 'this device cannot start ( code 10)' error.
    Is there anyway I can make this mp3 player work without having to install Windows XP?

2. check their website, im almost 100% sure that player will work with vista. possible the player is messed up

3. This is what the website says:

Is my player compatible with Windows Media Player 11 under Windows Vistaâ„¢? Your player is not fully compatible with Windows Media Player 11 under Windows Vista and in particular the Picture/Album Art transfer function and also the Firmware upgrade functionality of the device manager PC software are not available. There is no update planned, please use the prescribed OS (Windows XP).If you have upgraded to Wind ows Vista and have found that your Philips MP3 Player does not function correctly or not recognized by the computer. Some Versions of Windows Vista Operating Systems may not be fully functional with MTP devices, if your player is a MTP device you may need to download and install the Microsoft Media Restore Pack from Microsoft.

4. i'd download the Microsoft Media Restore pack if that's what it says to do.

5. The problem is I can't do that because I'm on Vista and apparently there's no way to roll back to WMP 10.

6. you could just back up your shit and do a fresh install of XP... or go for Windows 7.

7. Try using the free program winamp . You can transfer files to many USB based devices easily with the included transfer plugin... It's all drag and drop so it's pretty simple.