Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there any strains that smell like overripe pineapple?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokinthaherb, Jan 7, 2012.

1. I usually get no name dank. Its really good weed but with me i never know what strain i am getting. The weed that i got last night smells like overripe pineapple. What are some strains that smell like this?

-Thanks

2. The buds are light bright green and really crystally. Usually the weed i get smells like pine and earthy with a dark green color.

3. Smells will vary based on grow conditions, ranging from ph, nutes, temps, media, etc. Basically, each herb will smell unique to the grower that is producing it; even by the same grower different media will produce different tastes and smells. However, VERY SOLID genetics for smells/taste (blueberry anyone?) will carry over from garden to garden with only slight nuances identifying one bud from another.
    The cure also plays an important role.
    I doubt anyone can pinpoint what strain that is, aside from giving you a range of what they've experienced.(sounds like what you want anyways)

Bright green means fresher. This can mean either the person curing it was spot on with his techniques, or you're getting the bud quicker after it was cut as compared to your normal pickups.

Dark green is less fresh. This can occur through faulty drying/curing processes as well as depend on the strain itself. It can also mean that the herbs been curing for a long time (enough time for color change without much degradation). Many a time when I wanted to smoke I've selected my darker green buds over the light green because they've been much, much, more dank because of a longer cure.

Again, smells depend wholly on the grow and cure; the same strain can range from nada to hay to earthy to piney to skunky to diesel(missing any here?), genetics permitted, based on the growers flowering and curing.

Just saw this thread on the first page, thought I'd pop in and share what I know
    Pics MIGHT help some, but more likely satisfy others haha

4. #4 smokinthaherb, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
    Pictures of the lighter green

[​IMG]

The darker bud
    [​IMG]

The lighter bud is a really fruity smell and the darker one smells more skunky and piny. Sorry about the pictures. Camera is like 6 years old.

5. Lol i didnt know my thread would of been moved :confused:

6. No idea; either way, either pic, those nugs look frosty. Enjoy that smoke! Maybe someone else will offer something more than I could.

7. I appreciate it man. Thanks.

8. But your info probably sums it up the best. Thanks. So say your in cali and 2 dispensaries has the same strain, will they both smell different since 2 different growers grew each one?

9. If both grown in hydro and both places had growers that knew what they were doing, you might be hard pressed to distinguish the two; I probably couldn't. If grown in soil, then you might be able to tell them apart because of SMALL differences in smell and taste. If one was soil and one was hydro, you'd be able to tell.

They will smell similar, but I don't think they can be 100% identical because of differences the growers took.

10. Gotcha. Thanks a lot man :)