is there any kind of nutes that buffer/stabilise the ph of my water but also feeds my plants?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by red eyes420, Jan 1, 2014.

1. #1 red eyes420, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    Its abit of a pain hand-watering everyday in coco plus ph adjusting, if I could get some feed that would put me in the correct range of ph and feed my plants my life would be so much easier lol, has anybody tried or know of anything like this, I heard of "ph perfect" but don't know if that's a feed aswel? Please some1 enlighten me with some new year knowledge :D, happy new year to you ALL!

2. General hydros organic line dubbed general organics, however since your in coco idk if it'll work. Ph after nutes is 6.6. And i think you use 5.0-6.0?

3. Yes mate the lowest iv been to is 5.6, the highest 6.2, so need something that could put it around this level, that's even if there is anything for me lol, thanks for the fast reply

4. [quote name="red eyes420" post="19262916" timestamp="1388585441"]Yes mate the lowest iv been to is 5.6, the highest 6.2, so need something that could put it around this level, that's even if there is anything for me lol, thanks for the fast reply[/quote]The GO line is what i use. Idk of any others. Good luck.

5. Is that general organics? Will this put me in the right ph range aswel as feed?

6. Just read up and GO is organic isn't it? I have never used organics is there much difference except not having to flush?

7. most nutrients have a lower ph. you can use a supplement with a high ph to raise it to an appropriate level, as long as your tds is in check. for example, I use rhizotonic to bring up my ph. it's at an incredibly high ph and is great for the roots. makes them nice and white and healthy and they grow really fast. most people wouldn't advise to use nutrients as ph adjusters, and let me be clear when I say I don't either really, unless you're keeping really good track of your levels. rhizotonic doesn't change the ec much, and I've never seen any detrimental effects from using as much of it as I do. as it is, I use less than the label says I should anyways to bring the ph into check, so I don't feel like I'm doing anything too off.

8. silca is a ph up

ph down
    citric acid ascorbic acid, phosphoric acid are absorbed by the plant....helpul too!
    there are others!

calcium and other carbonates are used for buffers also.

9. Just put some oyster shell powder in your soil. Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.

10. Phosphoric acid is a good buffer and plants need phosphorus. A little goes a long way so be careful.

11. Having to flush is not an organic vs synthetic thing. Its related to the density of your medium, and the amount of salts trapped within. The difference between organics and synthetic nutrients is that organics typically need a biologically active root zone to make the nutrients available to the plant.