Is there a way I can rent or purchase a home while working in the cannabis industry?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Cloud007, Jun 6, 2021.

1. For anyone that's currently working in the cannabis industry I just need to know what steps and measures was taken in order to rent or purchase a home. I'm looking forward to working in the cannabis industry but I don't want to go through any obstacles regarding finding a place because federally cannabis is still illegal.

• Like Like x 1
  2. grow weed pay cash, or just say youre a farmer or work on a farm not cannabis cultivator landlord doesnt need to know what you grow just that you grow. as for purchasing a house id ask a realtor. ive never heard of this tho maybe because medical cannabis has been around for so long in new mexico. big money in the cannabis industry they know rent would always be A1 here lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Thanks the the info. So when cannabis farmers receive their stubs and w-2 will my job title say farmer? I was wondering because most landlords want income info from a potential tenant. I just pray that things will work out for me because I'm moving to another city in Florida that have more cannabis jobs very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buy.
    It doesn't matter what. A falling down trailer in a swamp. It's the single most important thing you'll ever do and it sets you free. Your Payment will be locked in for the length of the loan. 30 years.

Loans have never been cheaper or easier to get. Tons of first time buyer programs now that didn't exist when I bought.

I paid $35,000 for my home in 1977. Worth $650,000 now. :)
    The payment was $288.00 and included the taxes and insurance. Yes at times it was hard to make the payment and we ate beans and spam for the first few years making ends meet.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. You know what, I always picture my first bought home as nice and luxurious lol. But in order for me to achieve that imma have to swallow my pride and purchase a affordable manufacturered home. I just got off trulia and I saw some nice affordable homes. What I'm most concerned about is my rates because I don't have the best credit. But hopefully the income that I'll make in the industry would help me bypass all of that.

6. My wife cried the night we moved into the dump we'd bought. It was the worst pile of crap having been a neglected rental for 25 years. We actually had to fix it up enough to qualify for a loan. We put the water in our name early on and started to water the dead yard. Painted the outside, Repaired the driveway. All out of pocket with no guarantee of getting it back if it didn't qualify

House was really bad inside. 12 coats of wallpaper then painted over it. You could smell the urine soaked bathroom floor from the front door.

Neighborhood was excellent and it did nothing but go up in value.
    I'd been employed a year and a half at my then job. The wife was just 3 months at her job as I recall.
    I'd served in the military and qualified for a no money down loan. All we had to come up with was closing fees and what we spent fixing up the outside. Couple of thousand.

Hit up every realtor and ask for their shit list. They all have one. The real dumps they don't like to show. They'll say drive past and if you really want to see inside I'll show it.

I've got 2 whipping deals that way.

BNW

• Like Like x 1