Is there a such thing as fake 4/20 cleaner?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Drug Bro, Jul 11, 2018.

1. So this may sound like a strange question to most, however something extremely strange has happened to my bubbler that has led me to this question.

Three days ago, I purchased some Formula 4/20 1 Minute cleaner from my local smoke shop. I’ve used this cleaner many times on different pieces with great results, so I was expecting an effective and simple cleaning. I used it on my bubbler and although it wasn’t cleaned in “1 minute”, it was spottless in maybe 5 minutes tops. Now it gets weird.

After making sure the piece was spotless from any signs of resin, I rinsed the bubbler out with hot water for around 15-20 minutes. I go to pack up some loud, and I get the strangest, distasteful, and downright horrible taste in my mouth and down my throat. It burned as it went down my throat which bud never does for me, especially not top shelf bud that this was. Also, to make matters even worse? The distinct smell of the smoke... I asked my friend to smell inside of my car and he asked me if I spilled a bottle of 4/20 cleaner in here. The smoke itself smelled identical to the cleaner itself.

I thought perhaps there was some very unlikely chance I didn’t fully rinse it out, despite spending around 20 minutes to make sure there was no chemicals left. I went to the store and bought 91% ISO, Morton’s Coarse Sea Salt, and a 100 pack of pipe cleaners. I come back to my house, and start cleaning my already clean bubbler vigorously as if it was still covered in resin. I spent maybe close to two hours making sure that it was finally solved this time. What do you know when I go to pick it up? The exact same result. Also, even despite fully cleaning the bubbler after many hours and sessions with normal iso/salt, you can smell an extremely faint whiff of the 4/20 cleaner. My hypothesis is this was an off brand product possibly labeled as 4/20 cleaner and whatever this is, bonded to my glass if that’s even possible. What happened? Does anyone know? Has my bubbler been cursed?

2. I'd be emailing the maker and bitch

the squeaking nut gets the oil

good luck

3. Thanks man, I might just do that. Honestly one of the strangest things that’s happened to me, it just doesn’t add up.

• Agree Agree x 1