Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Is there a substitute for cannabis to sleep while in foreign countries?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by NeverEnoughTravel1, Jan 14, 2023.

Tags:
  1. This is my first post on this site so I hope I am in the right spot. I have been having trouble sleeping for years so I have taken klonopin and amitriptyline to help me sleep. I have been weaning off of the klonopin (benzo) because of the negative long-term effects. To do so, I have been using medical marijuana capsules which have really helped. My klonopin dosage is minimal (.25mg) and so is the amitriptyline dosage at this point. The problem I am having is that I have swapped benzo dependence for cannabis dependence, This is fine except that now my wife and I are planning to travel to Ireland and Egypt this year, neither of which has legal cannabis use. Can anyone recommend a temporary substitue for cannabis that I can use for a week or two while overseas? When I return I will use cannabis again. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

2. Melatonin, a shit ton of it too while at it

3. Thanks! I forgot to mention that I already take 5mg of melatonin a night. I can always double to 10mg. I hadn't thought of that.

4. cheap beer and herbal sleeping tablets I use overseas and on a tolerance break

good luck

5. Welcome to the City.
    Ramp up edibles for a couple of weeks before you go and take a massive dose as you get on the plane. I can go without for 5 to 10 days and still get fair sleep. Past 10 days my insomnia and pain can return at any time and by day 15 I'm taking Codeine every 4 hours to keep from screaming and back to awake half the night

As a life long insomniac I well understand that aspect. God bless Cell phones and headphones. I have something to do besides stare at the dark for hours on end. I still wake up at 02:00 but...... :)

BNW

6. Benadryl. It's what's in otc sleeping pills. (Diphenhydramine hydrochloride)

7. This technique has rather ambiguous research results, so it is difficult to talk about its effectiveness. However, it's still worth a try, especially if other methods don't work. The idea is to go from the opposite. Go to bed and focus on the thought that you cannot fall asleep. It sounds stupid, I thought, until I tried it myself. Along with the drugs that the commenters suggested above, I think the following can help

8. Highly recommend against this. Long term use is linked to dementia. And in large doses it's one of the scariest most fucked up drugs on the planet. I'll never touch the stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It's for sleep while in a foreign country. I'm assuming the traveler is using it for sleep and not a new drug to take in large quantities for a long time. I'm pretty certain, when used according to the product label, the most fucked up drug on the planet will be overwhelmingly safe and mostly effective for sleep.

10. Ok enjoy taking a dog shit drug rather than just sleeping like a normal person. I said what I said because if a drug works it's likely people will repeat it's use.

11. XANAX, out like a light! Just make sure u can sleep a good 6-8 hrs or u'll be groggy all day after