Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is there a point where you can't get any higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Guelah Papyrus, Jul 25, 2010.

1. does it work like alcohol where you can just keep going until you are completely gone? how much would you have to smoke?

2. #2 Mango720, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    Look at the FAQ page in about 5 minutes. Your answer will be there.

EDIT:
    It is now in the FAQ page.

3. I'm not sure. I've smoked 12 grams in one sesh before with two other people, I got very high, but so high that I felt like I smoked myself sober. I was too high to know I was high, it's very hard to explain.

I put it this way.. if I smoke half of a joint, I'm gonna get just as high as I would of if I smoked the whole joint, but if I smoked the whole joint i'll stay higher for longer than smoking half.

4. Probably, and damn do I wanna be that high :smoking:

5. I dont know. ive never been able to smoke that long. I always get to high and cant smoke anymore :smoking:

6. Yeah theres a limit, and everyones is different. Dependent on your tolerance. And like someone else said before, it's like smoking yourself sober, thats only happened to me once and it felt pretty weird

7. You will eventually pass out, so consider that a "hard cap" on how high you can get.

8. You misspelled 'frequently' in the title...

9. Yes there is a point where no matter how much you keep smoking you won't get much higher. It is different for everyone and is dependent on your individual tolerance. If you haven't smoked for awhile then you'll be able to get alot higher than if you've been smoking every day, but either way you'll get to a point where you feel the highest, then if you keep smoking it won't really get you much higher and you'll slowly start to become more sober. Trust me you'll be disappointed that you wasted the weed. Just smoke to that "I'm so stoned point" and quit and you'll save so much more weed, and enjoy your high.

10. Yes and no. There is a soft cap and a hard cap.

Once the cannabinoid receptors in your brain are completely saturated you can no longer absorb any more into your brain. This can be compared to a parking lot that is full of cars. No matter how many cars drive around looking for a place to park they won't find it.

Similarly no matter how much smoke is in your lungs or THC in your bloodstream if there is no place for these molecules to act on then there won't be any effect from them.

That would be the soft cap.

The hard cap is when you smoke so much you pass out, literally making it impossible for you to continue.

Both of these are pretty hard to reach though, usually requiring grams of hash, oil or budder or over a quarter ounce of bud at the very least to yourself, depending on tolerence

11. #11 ZihgZag, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
    Also homie, alcohol doesn't really have a cap that isn't considered dangerous.

The soft cap of alcohol would be blacking out (not fun) while the hard cap would be dying (even less fun).

The difference between bud and alcohol is bud can't kill you.

12. I guess you can fall asleep if you smoke too much , but i usually just feel tired and keep on going. tho i was reading this article that said it would take a whole 120,000 blunts to kill you which is nearly impossible!

13. back when i first started smoking i used to get so baked, and at a certain point, stay the same even when smoking more weed. nowadays i wish i could get that high again.

14. Shit. Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been getting much sleep:eek:

15. Tolerance is a bitch

16. i smoke myself sober after like 2 bowls from a bubbler but if i use a GB i keep getting higher. never pushed it past my comfort zone though