Is there a difference in white paint?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Yepyaknowdis, Sep 4, 2011.

1. I painted my whole room white, just a can of white paint I had layin around, but when I was readin about films and paint, they kept saying "Flat" white paint. Is there a certain kind of white paint you gotta buy thats different than regular white paint or does that just mean white paint??? thanks!!!

2. Flat paint means no gloss

3. there's flat, satin and semi gloss that i know of, at least for basics

and they're finishes not colors...

4. Okay I'm not sure what kind mine is, I think it's gloss just cause it's kinda shiny, is it a big difference? Should I buy flat?

5. yes buy flat.... Kilz for the win... cheap and super effective, comes in both flat and gloss..... five bucks for a gallon

6. There are a thousand shades of white.

7. #7 brownie9091, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
    theres not quite a thousand different shades of white lol but u r close i know what u mean. Some has yellow oxide in it some has black some has other colors and there still called white the sheens are matte flat, eggshell, satin, semi gloss, and gloss. Gloss is kind of uncommon... chances are u have satin if theres a little shine to it its the most common people use because its such a long time between paintings they forget what sheen they used and satin is a nice happy medium. kilz is ur best bet it comes in flat its cheap and it helps eliminate mold and mildew. they also have a refresh brand paint that helps absorb the smell of smoke and other not so strong odors. if u have questions about paint i might have an answer.