is there a calculator for nutrient strengths?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by geetardude, Aug 3, 2016.

1. I use GH lucas formula, along with a few drops of superthrive, and some GH RapidStart for root growth, along with peroxide for good measure.

For the base nutes, is there a way I could get measurements for how many tsp/gal I need of each for when I am bumping up nutes slightly. (I.E. bumping from 50% to 55%, or 75% to 85%). I have been doing this for 5 grows now and been able to eyeball pretty well, but I would like to be more exact in my measurements. I just use an eye dropper thing that goes up to 1tsp to add nutes to my buckets.

2. #2 Dro Smoe, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Just add a specific amount (say 1ml micro / 2ml bloom) to a gallon of RO to see the exact ppm increase per ml of solution, take it from there. Or switch over to Ionic as it's a simply one part, and they have an app (pretty accurate too if I do say so) with a nutrient calculator for add backs, initial fills and fine tuning.. I have used GH with the lucas formula in the past and I'm more impressed with Ionic..

3. If I know the PPM of my tap water, could I still do that method of measuring by the ml? I don't have an RO setup.

4. Yes. We don't use RO water and that's how I mix up mine by the bucket. I stopped using the liquid nutes because mixing up enough to feed multiple rooms of flowering plants got to be pretty overwhelming since I mix in 5 gallon buckets per feeding. A good friend of mine who is a medical grower out in Southern California told me about Jack's by J.R. Peters, which is a powder veg/bloom combo that she had been using for years. She grows DWC primarily. I grow soil. But I looked into it and ordered myself some and never looked back. The plants love it and it costs about 1/10th of what those liquid nutes cost. I can get enough for under $20 to last me well over a year and I turn out a lot of plants. It took me days of mixing with the liquid stuff and multiple bottles of this and that. Don't know if it's something you might be interested in or not, and the only reason it was particularly interesting to me was because of the simplicity of it all. When I tried it and found it worked better than the other stuff and was so simple and cheap, I sold all that other junk on Ebay. LOL TWW