Is the world more like a comedy or a drama?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TokeNation, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Good post man

Life is a comedy to those that think, and a tragedy to those that feel (Walpole)

I... I hate to hear myself say it, but I lean more and more towards dark drama as you put it, in spite of this qoute. The amount of misery out there is truly soul-crushing - and the absurdity of it, which I guess is what Walpole wants us to laugh at - doesn't make it funny to me. Not anymore. :(

• Like Like x 2
  2. Really awesome quote by Walpole.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. It is both but neither at the same time, both because we identify this life at times as both good and bad. But without perception what is life? Neither a comedy or drama.

4. Without perception than nothing would exist I guess...

5. As of late.. A huge drama. Somethings are so dumb they are funny though. It's good to space out and think about this stuff <3

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. A complete dramatic comedy, with an dynamic romance that is a mysterious conundrum!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think it is all a carnival with a good freak show.

• Like Like x 1
  8. the life lived is dramatic only to be seen comedic later upon reflection, at least for me anyway. even some of my most dramatic events have an air of comedic value upon reflection that helps me see my life in a lighter way to get through it better.. comedy helps a heavy experience become more floaty...

• Like Like x 2
  9. #31 Goodjobm9, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Both honestly, I mean it does depend on your perception you're essentially asking "is this glass of water full or empty?"

The human experience in of its self is suffering. to me it's what you make of it. For example, being depresed isn't something I chose however, I can choose whether or not if I want to act on it. I can sulk and basically not live my life or I can make the best of any situation one step at a time no matter how fucked.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Depends on what you focus on and how you make it :)

11. Two sides of the same coin homey. It's sad how much we struggle to live and it is also funny, because the obvious solution is to just die.

12. The world is the world, its just here