Is the world more like a comedy or a drama?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TokeNation, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Whenever I watch a comedic film it's as if I see the world through that comedic lens... as in even if the topic of the film is murder but it utilizes a light hearted theme, I don't come out of the movie theater feeling anxious and stressed. On the other hand, a dramatic film may contain the very same subject matter as the comedic film, however it's presented in a much more dramatic way (Duh.)

Basically I am wondering whether the real world is more like a dark drama or a lighthearted comedy... I know it may depend on the situation of course but what is the overall "tone" of life.

Am I making sense? :wacko:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Comedy....horror.? Yeah.

dilligaf

• Like Like x 3
  3. life can be a comedy 1day... then 1/2 way thru the day it could turn into a drama flick lol

somedays its a non stop horror story, only to turn back into a comedy after having a few bongs xD

• Like Like x 3
  4. Anything comedy can be seen as drama and the opposite is true, it comes down to perception.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Neither. The world simply is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seems more like a tragedy to me.

• Like Like x 4
  7. It's like the world was directed by Tarantino, which isn't good.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Well said.

9. I heard once that life came out of this one magical book called the Bible or something and the main character named Jesus or something was some kind of jokester magician. It's a cool story too, just haven't got the time to read what it's all about.

Life sounds pretty funny to me.
    :jump:

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's all fun & games until someone loses a Marijuana.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Maybe I'm just high, but that sounds like that message could form an awesome poster of some sort. I'd buy one at least :p.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maybe I'm just high, but that sounds like that message could form an awesome poster of some sort. I'd buy one at least :p.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Maybe life's a mixture of both? A dramedy.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Its a horror movie imo.

• Like Like x 3
  15. It's a series of unfortunate events

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. yes.........a comatic dramedy.

• Like Like x 3
  17. life is the simpsons man. watch any season of the simpsons 3-8 and that is life.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Comedy requires tragedy and drama in order to be effective, so I would say both.

• Like Like x 2