Is the world ending soon

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Tokamano8o, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Well i've heard that the world is supposed to end this year or the next or around a few years, i don't know the exact date. But it has something to do with religion and someone predicted it. I don't know a lot about it, but it has something to do with the war in iraq and isreal launching nukes against Iran. It all ties up, I know this is confusing, but can someone who knows tell me more about this and the world comin to an end soon.

2. People have said that the world was going to end since the earth was created...I wouldn't worry to much about this. THere is mad conflict going on though and yeah if you want to here some crazy predictions use wikipedia and look up Nostradamus thats some crazy stuff @!

3. Religion will have nothing to do with it.

We're going to take care of armageddon, ourselves... quite well, I'm sure.

4. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gah!

k, first up.

we are masters of our own destiny, our thoughts laden with the potential to create reality, and so, focus on anihilation of the world, and it may just be so.

focus on all the lovely things we can be doing long after the supposed date of our anihilation, and viola, the anihilation never took place (just like all the last times).

but secondly,

interpretation...

when someone says to me the world is going to end, i think back to the original quote, that the world as we know it is going to end. and it is! all the time. is the world as you know it the same as it was? no, it's constantly changing, and so the world is always ending. the world as we know it is always ending that is. so turn your heads around and look forward, see the new worlds before us... much brighter yes?

5. ^ i agree with the above, and also i beleive that life is energy, has been around since the cosmic egg, creation, whatever you want to call it. (i don't see how the two theories must be mutually exclusive) so i think even if we all "die" and the earth is gone - things are never really over.

6. Hey,

I believe the world is going to end, but I don't see it having anything to do with religious views. Sure, it's been predicted, but I just see the deterioration of earth as inevitable. Part of the evolutionary process in my eyes.

7. I think the closest date from now for 'the end of the world' is 2012, according to the Mayan calander. I do agree with Digit however, considering 9 out of 10 Republicans in the white house believed in end world theology but they are mostly gone now, so happy thoughts.

8. mayans never said the world would end. thaeir calendar just ends in 2012, the year earth is fully submerged in the photon belt.whiich is what every 12,000 years? something around there. I dont believe the world ends in 2012, physicalandspiritual oneness begins.

9. Maybe humans will end soon, but the world's gonna keep going for a long time.

10. all the more reason to stay high throughout '07.

If the end comes i'm for sure not going out sober, and if it doesn't end? oh well i got high anyways
    win/win

11. Yea, we're all fucked; Jesus is gonna come back with futuristic machine guns and shit and mow us all down. BE AFRAIDDDDDD!!!

12. "Let he who is without sin....KICK THE FIRST ASS!"
    [​IMG]

13. Tokamano8o;1388105 - it has something to do with religion and someone predicted it.

Y2k? PROJECT MEGIDDO? Pope Leo IX? Nostradamus? Hippolytus? WMD? Bush? God?

/not worried

14. The end of the world have been predicted a plethora of times. Naturally always for some deranged irrational reason. The most popular today is either some biblical end-time prophecy (the last in a rather large string of similar same) or the new-ageist mayan calendar prophecy that says it all goes down by 2012.

Whatever the so-called end-of-the-world prophecies says, they've always been wrong. And there is no reason to believe they will ever be right. They lack the little thing we call evidence. And no, evidence is not assumptions. Or assertations. Or revelations.

Toke and be happy. Make a future for yourself. And everytime you hear about the end of the world, do toke a bit more, and console yourself with that you at least are not quite the nut they are. Real life is quite wonderful by itself.

Humanity do have its faults, but suicidal tendencies, is one trait we generally do not adhere to.

15. well 2 times in history russia could have shot there shit at us and dint so i think some one might shoot there shit 1 day and it all goes down form there pepole should still be around tho like bush and shit will hid in mt.s that be gay i be i nthe middel of the strret toking up waching nukes fall all around me lauhgting at the bright light then i be gone and there would be nithing to do... thats how i see it.

16. Coulda', Woulda', Shoulda'

The three horses you should never bet on in a horse-race :)

17. there is no beggining or end, only change.

18. Nice one digit :)

Allthough (and I'm sure you know this already), time is just a measurement of motion and thus change... No change, no motion, equals no time. So in the final consequence, your statement is circular in it's reasoning, allthough formally correct :p

19. Problem is, US forces have already siezed (watch the spelling) Irianian embassy in North Iraq. 2012 seems more credible. Nevertheless Zyklark, to me time (in a mans concept) is a totally man consctructed entity. However I agree with you all.

20. I believe a thread like this should always contain a link to Exit Mundi.