Is the word "Dope" shorthand for anything?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dum Dum Boy, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Like maybe dopamine?

2. That's dope-son.

3. Dope rims man

4. Bashful, Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy, DOPEY!

5. When I hear the word dope I think of heroine. Or as a way to say something is good or awesome.

6. i would assume dopamine as well

7. #7 Ahmed Rashad, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2009
    I actually created that word in 1400's. It was crazy story. Way too long. Me n god were just hangin out doin this time travel thing. Basically just kinda fuckin with people. We started makin up words, and some random savage lookin mutha fucka heard me say "dope." god was all like, "now look what you've done sucka."

Now basically it's stuck here today.

Fuck wikipedia if they say anything different. They don't know shit about shit.

8. I have referred to like 9238479283742 different drugs as "dope."
    It's often a word among addicts/junkies for anything from opiates to meth.

9. dope is like heroin or painkillers, as i've heard it here.

or it could mean awesome.
    "dope avvie, op!"

10. dope is heroin, cuz heroin makes you dopey.

11. dope is short for dopeskies

12. I like turtles

13. Pretty sure it is dopamine

14. Its origins tie by to opium, and those who smoke it, but I do not believe it is shorthand for anything.

15. i mostly think of 'dope' as heroin. my dad thinks it means weed... every time he says it reffering to my marijuana usage i wanna punch him in the mouth. i fucking hate that word. now i just say "i dont do heroin jerk!"

16. My parents do the same. It's just their culture. Everyone in the 70's referred to it as dope. When I think of dope I think of meth.

17. I'm in the same boat as locnar and boomer bumper. My mom calls mj dope and my first instinct is thinking of heroin use, which gets me all huffy for the two seconds it takes to realize she's only talking mj..

18. That's how my family is too. What I find funny is some people still call MJ dope and they smoke it too. I just think it makes you look, for lack of the better term, stupid. It was a widely accepted term for pot 30 years ago, but now adays I would say it is referring to opiate related items. It bugs the shit out of me when my mom calls it that.