Is the whole grow ruined??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by clublife, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Well its been 12 days since I put the seed into the rockwool and im actually starting to get worried. It seems as if my 3 plants arent growing anymore and Idk why. I have them in the rockwool, giving them ph corrected water when they need it. I also have one 23 wat cfl light on them.
    Here are pics of 2/3 rockwool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Its hard to see ( sorry I got a bad camera phone :rolleyes:) but it started to grow out the top some but suddenly stopped... Its been like that for about a couple days. I didnt bother posting a pic of the 3rd rockwool because it cracked but hasnt grown anything out of it yet... And its been 12 days x_x. Are my plants dead before they hardley started??? Pleaase let me know.

2. What Ph were you giving them and what kind of water?

3. Ph is in the middle 5's and it's ro water.

4. Are they too wet?

5. Naw I don't over water them. I make sure Only give them water when I think they are getting a little sry

6. Are they bagseeds?

7. Oops ment a little dry

8. Nope got them from sensible seeds

9. No idea. What temps? How close are the lights?

10. Waters about 3-4 inches away. Are they dead or something....?

11. Sorry ment light

12. I can't really get a good look from the pictures but it sounds like something went wrong at some point because if they aren't growing anymore, something stunned them or something. Have you fed them? Are they green?

13. Yea it's hard to see from the pic sry. But basically it's the top of the plant coming out. Its like it's about to come out and turn into a pair of leaves but idk if I'm jus lookin at it too much or it's growing slowly.

14. Give it some time. If its greenish, that's good. Just let her grow and try to be patient you know?

15. If it's stopped growing, maybe rootbound

16. Yea it is greenish. And wut is rootbound? I mean it's on day 12 and I see others and they are way past this by now...

17. that rockwool needs to be wet all the time.

humidity might help as well

18. Hi clublife,
    Listen I'm a newb so take anything I say with a gram of good bud. 1 - 23 watt light doesn't sound like it's enough for three plants. From what I've read & I'm doing, seedlings need to be in the 80% range in humidity & 80 degree temp range for the first 2 weeks. More cfl's & a humidity dome. And after the first week some 1/4 strength nutes suitable for babies.
    My 10 babies are at 10 days from seed & they range in height from about 1&1/4 to 2&1/2 inches.
    Heres a link for germination that seems to be working well for this newb.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/669666-rockwool-germination-just-plant-seed.html
    And one for Growdan rockwool cubes. These have growing tips at their site & on the back of their packages of cubes.
    Growing Tips | Grodan 101
    Cheers & goodluck,
    bruce

19. Thanks alot guys. I think my issue was that I never covered the hole I put the seed in.... N I didn't put light on it until after a week. I already ordered new seeds and I plan to make a grow journal so I can keep getting good feedback. Thanks alot guys

20. ya i am wondering what the temp is too, clublife if i was u i would try and tear open that cube a bit. in my opinion , i have never seen a seedling stop growing unless it had to much water . in the begining u need to water a seedling like every 5-6 days in rockwool. if its around 24 degrees in a humid container. so thats my suggestion, i know it sounds a lilttle invasive, but if your carefull it will live . if the roots r like mush , its over. other then that i dont know what it could be without seeing it. 5.5. is perfect for rockwool. lemme know bro! good name btw, tiesto is the greatest!