Is The Puffit Vape Good Or Not Worth Buying

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by StonerHead237, Jun 12, 2013.

1. thats what i should tell her its better me vaporizing than smoking haha

2. I just made my order so hope it comes soon

3. yo i just got it and sadly its black not blue and i didn't get the grinder. haven't tried it yet cause I'm dry but hope to try it soon.

4. #24 squidrick420, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    I have one and it was my first vape. It works great, at first. The problem is that it is NOT built to last at all. I did not even get a full month before I had problems, and after 6 months I gave up on the thing because resins build up in places that you can not get to and pieces slowly begin to jam. It is not totally un-usable, but it has become such a pain in the ass now that it isn't worth all the extra effort (like performing pagan rituals and screaming at the thing just to get 1 hit).

Pros: It is discreet, and works great while it works. will get you nice and stoned.
    Cons: Cheaply made in China, WILL NOT LAST LONG!!! Good for 1 person, 2 people can get high off it but not as easily.

5. How long have you had one and how often do you use it?
    I ask because I may have had one of the first gen (I think 2nd though) and it went downhill quick b/c of resin buildup.

6.  I've had it for 3-4 months now and I use it several times a week. I've never had a problem other than the short battery life, and even then it still gets me and two others high before it's toast. 

Mine seems easy enough to clean, I don't know what kind of problems you were having :/ All I have to do is remove the screen and clean with a q tip and I pull the little (and very few) flakes of resin out

7. Did you order through puffitup? you should have been allowed to pick the color...
    And if not the grinder, did they send you any other goodies?

8. My main 3 problems that ruined the thing.
    1) The little reset button on the mouthpiece under the hole/light got jammed and resin built up behind it, hardened, and I would have to physically pry it unstuck every time I used it.
    2) The metal cap that you press jammed up. Not the cap itself but the sensors that it clicks down as you press it. They are always stuck in the down position so the vape is always running till it dies.
    3) Because of the other problems the electronics don't work right. Instead of flashing and turning green. It will flash, then rapidly blink orange, shut off, come back on, continue heating, and repeat. Every time this happens I have to hit the reset button (if I can get it unstuck that is). I repeat this process till it is hot enough for a hit. Take the hit, and start over. Its very wasteful now.

I also used this 3-5 times a day and it was my primary piece. Rarely did I use anything else (till I got my bong).

9. That's rough. I don't even know how you would get resin in the reset button...
    The metal cap is just tough luck man...
    And the electronics problems sound like a defect, which(depending on how old it is) puffit will fix for you

Out of curiosity, how often did you clean it? 

10. #30 squidrick420, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
    I tried to clean it regularly, but I could never find a good way to truly clean it. There are some areas that over time will just build up and you won't be able to get to. Also because of the heat the resin acts different and works like a concrete.

I talked about the warranty with a puffit rep at one point but I didn't have proof of purchase or anything like that. And above all I was really skeptical about sending used paraphernalia through the mail overseas lol. That just doesn't sound smart.

11. Hmmm, If it happens to me I'll pull mine apart and post a tutorial. But as of yet I haven't had any build up I can't get to  :confused_2:

and yeah, shipping used paraphernalia might not be the best plan lol 

12. I thought about taking mine apart but i have a problem where I never seem to be able to fit things back in to place and make them work again...
    This is why my guitar has no volume knob right now...

13. lol that sucks, I'm pretty good about it, and if I do run into trouble I always take pictures as I work so I can see what to do.

14. so i tried it and it gave me a pretty good body high and i had it on 7.

15. Hey yall just wanted to give you an update. I contacted the company and received my grinder and got a 20$ refund for the wrong color but it w.e. I've had it for a while now and use it when its too hot to sit outside and burn a whole dube. There's three of us that hit it now my wife, our rente/my brother and I but we all get a good high off of one bowl but with the 3 of us it does over heat just a little. The battery life is fine we only get one bowl before it dies but it dont bother us. There's no build up blocking it but you do have to hit it hard but now they have a new one that's suppose to hit easier. Hmmm not much more to say 9/10 definitely what I wanted the only reason I say 9/10 is because of the delayed grinder and mixed colors. Stay high

16. Nice of you to share and update us on your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Wow, so over a year of usage and still going strong?

Honestly, I'm impressed.

Happy vaping! :bongin:

18. Trust me that 9/10 would be a lot lower if you tried some other vapes first. I feel like your not getting the full vaporizing experience with a vape like the puffit.there's a big list of great vapes that are arguably better in quality and performace . To each his own though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I have a trippy stix but haven't used it enough to give a full analysis but I am looking to get another herbal vape that gives thicker clouds then the puffit so I'm looking at the trippy stix herbal or I might give into what everyone suggests and get a mflb

20. Try the MFLB
    But get a MF Finishing Grinder
    It Really Helps The Experience

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum