Is The Lighting Sufficient? and for How Many Plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TakenIt2TheDome, May 29, 2012.

1. #1 TakenIt2TheDome, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
    Hey guys just droppin in 2 ask yall a question. I have 2 x Metal Halide High Bay 250 Watt Lighting Fixture 18 inch Aluminum set up in my closet in a 3' tall area. I was just wondering how many plants i can have under it max and how many plants are recomended. Also if anyone could guess my aproximate yield from my 3 Blackberry Kush plants with this lighting it wud b appreciated :)
    (P.S. the area is 2' x 4'):smoke:

2. A 2 by 4 area you might only want to use one of those lights unless you have sufficient ventilation for the heat...and also you could grow up to 10 maybe more small clones but obviously in that small of an area it won't last long...so I would recommend growing just 5 since they will get soooo bushy in that small of an area...and trip ..top..and keep them short because they can quickly grow larger than your area

3. Thanks bro thats pretty much what my guess was for plants nd ur right im only running one light right now cuz i only have 3 blackberry kush seedlings nd one pineapple kush seedling. With both on it gets crazy hot :/ even with one it was getting hot but this will work out perfect with my feminized white widow seeds coming in a little while imma be growing
    x1 White Widow
    x1 Pineapple Kush (if its female)
    x3 Blackberry Kush

4. I was thinking about grabbing one of those off Craigslist for cheap, but it looks a bit bulky for my space. Let us know how it works out for you.

5. You should have enough space as long as you keep them short by any means of trimming...your main concern is going to be the heat all it takes is a couple of hours of high heat to stress your plant....I have a 1000w hps in a full sized bedroom and I'm having a extremely hard time keeping the room below 80...I'm running two fans and a cooler

6. Yea it gets up to 90 on a bad day but i usually keep it 80-85