Is the light enough ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by frank_isn, Jan 17, 2009.

1. I am growing 7 seedlings now on their 7day since sprouting i had a little streaching but that was because the light was to far, i buried them down to size so it's all good now, my question is i have 6 35 watt cfls emiting 150w of light each, 1 25w clf emiting 100w, and 1 100w incandescent for heat a total of = 1100 watts of light....will that be enough to finish the grow ?

Just to mention that HPS is not available where i live...so it's not an option...

Frank

2. the rule is 50 REAL watts per sqaure foot. so it depends.

3. Your 35 watt CFL's are not emitting 150 watts of light. I would go with 3 of the 35 watt bulbs per plant you have. For right now, anyway. Lose the incandecent bulb, you don't need that at all. With the lights you have, I'd say you have enough light to completely grow 2 plants.

35wx6= 210w + 25w = 235w of power. 100 watts per plant, so 2 plants. You have enough for 7 plants for now, but you're going to need more lights for sure or the growth is going to be unbearably slow.

4. Forgot to explain what I meant. The 35w bulbs REPLACE a 150w incandecent bulb, but they don't put out 150w of light. They're just as bright as a 150w I suppose. You need 100 actual watts per plant.

Easy way? Just look at the smaller of the 2 numbers on the box :)

5. a 150w CFL would be about the size of a football. If your light is smaller (slightly larger than a popcan) then it is somewhere in the 20-30 REAL watts range

6. The 150watt CFLs I use are actually 43 watts each. They are the equivalent of a 150 watt incandescent bulb in brightness, but only use 43 watts of power. During my last grow, I used six, and that seemed to satisfy 3 Lowryder 2 plants. It can be done, but you need to add more light for a decent outcome.

7. I read that using blue LED's in addition to the regular light helps, i was thinking i have a HUGE 500 blue led xmas light i used on my house last year... would that have a place in the grow room ?

As far as the incandescent gose i need it to maintain a 60 degree heat in the room since it's insulated but in a cold place with the incandescent the temp is just right around 60 - 70 degreese i can't drop it for know it's the cheapest form of heat...