Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Oil Is the CBD oil helpful for a pain?

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by GreyMouse, Jun 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hello,

Does anyone know if CBD oil is really helpful for pain?
    Do I have to ask for permission from my doctor to use it?
    Any good CBD oil? I was able to read some reviews on CBDTopReviews but I also want a recommendation from someone with a personal experience.

Thanks!

2. Only testing it on yourself will tell for sure.
    No you don't need anything to purchase it. Can order it online.
    It's all made from Hemp as far as I know so there isn't any real difference from supplier to supplier.
    CBD does nothing for my pain but high doses of THC does stop it.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. it depends on the thc content and it depends on your level of pain, consumption depends on thc percentages. it helps for pain tho...

4. I agree as well. I believe THC mainly distracts your brain away from the pain. Apparently CBD helps your canniboid receptors to tell your white blood what to attack.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you!

6. CBD oil has done a lot for my chronic pain--but I agree that you should go try it yourself first as it can have a different result for you. But I hope it helps!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hello Spoky, can you let me know what brand, type, and strength of CBD oil you use and for what kind of pain? By kind of pain I mean muscle, joint, achey, sharp... I.need to find something!
    Thanks!

8. As BNW pointed out, most of the legitimate retailers are sourcing there product from one of a handful of white label bulk suppliers. The problem is, however, there are still some disreputable companies misrepresenting their products contents. I think I recall a test performed in 2016 on ten randomly selected products available at the time that showed all contained no CBD or levels far below what was claimed.

Look for a full spectrum product containing a good terpene profile, small amount of THC (less than .3% is legal everywhere I think) and some secondary cannabinoids. Try to find a company that offers a third party lab test with corresponding batch number that actually appears on the bottle.

The only product I’ve ever used is Green Serene Extra 1500. At $60 per ounce, I thought the price outrageous but I’ve since seen the same product (probably sourced from the same bulk supplier) for $200.

I was testing this for treatment for anxiety with good results but can’t offer testimony on the efficacy for pain treatment.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Thank you BooCoo! Had no idea about suppliers or matching test/batch numbers. Green Serene will be the first product/company I’ll google.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanx, Kwince. Good luck in your quest.

My son recently had surgery that resulted in some nerve damage. The surgery was actually just below the elbow to repair a detached bicep but the resultant pain emanated in his wrist and palm. The surgeon offered little resolve and simply said “sometimes it happens” in a rather matter of fact attitude. He prescribed opioids for pain but they brought mild temporary relief with some undesirable side effects.

I spoke with him this past Sunday and he had tried some topical CBD cream with very minor relief. As of Sunday he had been taking a 25 mg dose of Green Serene on a daily basis and was very encouraged with the results. In his words, it had cut the nerve pain in half and was hopeful that more improvement was in the future. He also had began noticing some relief in some of the normal joint pain that age inflicts upon us. The biggest surprise was the fact that he’s enjoying some of the soundest sleep he’s experienced in years.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Morning Boocoo! Sorry it’s taken so long to thank you and send good wishes to your son. Hope is is recovering well. I really want to try your recommendation, but man is it expensive! I’m working on coming up with 14k for an uncovered surgery that will hopefully STOP my degenerative disc disease and the inflammation it causes. That should help with the pain. Some days I can barely stand erect, some days my body locks up and won’t move easily, lots of nerve damage. Three successful spine surgeries behind me thru the years.
    Found an old pain pill the other day— my quality of life could be greatly enhanced if I could still get the medicine that I have never abused. I could also stop smoking cannabis and go to a pain clinic, get a few pain pills. But those clinics’ goal is to give steroid injections...have done two rounds of three injections with absolutely no relief. Not doing those again. Fortunately I don’t have to work right now because there’s no way I could. ANYways, thanks so much for sharing.
    BTW, I know Gabapentin is pretty much poison, but it works on my nerve pain. Don’t take it regularly, just when tears come. Cuz it’s poison. But maybe it can give your son some relief. Sometimes poison is the lesser of two evils. May God bless and keep you and yours. Kwince

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kwince, I truly hope you find relief soon. Chronic pain can take a toll on your body in so many ways. I can empathize with you.

My wife is 4 weeks into recovery from her third back surgery. The pain she’s suffered from for the last 8 years has been horrendous and life altering for us both. She’s been tolerant of my cannabis experimentation but chooses abstinence on a personal basis.

The son is continuing to find progress with the CBD treatment and feels he has reached a 75% relief in pain level.

You’re right. The prices are ridiculous! I just read that production of hemp was up by 400% over last year. Hopefully we’ll see the price become more realistic soon.

I’m about a month out from my first harvest of Cherry Wine hemp. Have high hopes of a good harvest some quality CBD.

Good luck

13. Hey Boocoo,
    Glad your son has found so much relief! I wish your wife a full recovery. First surgery gave me back use of my hands, second helped with leg pain, and I was up pretty quick after they replaced a disc years ago. If your wife develops DDD, look into Disc Seal patented by Kevin Pauza in Tyler, Texas. I’m willing to travel and pay (not covered by ins) for complete surgery based on others’ experiences. I’m sooooo tired of life on a limited basis.... Cherry wine hemp? Good luck with your harvest— I never seem to get that far, lol. Kwince

• Like Like x 1
  14. I prefer cbd extracted from cannabis plants not hemp plants. Right now the market is flooded with trash cbd do your homework before ya buy n b disappointed with results.

15. CBD's role in the analgesic area is in controlling and reducing inflammation. The effect is similar to NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Tylenol. It's connection to pain management is with the chronic stuff like arthritis and neuropathy, where inflammation is the source of the problem and pain caused by the inflammation is a secondary symptom.

16. #16 boocoodinkydow, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2019
    I’m always a bit dubious when a new member comes aboard hawking a product; this one most especially!

I was gullible enough to bite on this one a week or so ago. Was greeted on the phone by an oriental chick that could barely speak English. The 5 buck shipping charge turned into $10 after I gave her my credit card #. I told her to cancel my order to which she refused and said it had already been prepared for shipment. While she was trying to explain, I got a text alert from my credit card company warning of a fraudulent charge to my card. By the time I hung up and called my credit card company there had been 4 fraudulent charges made to my card.

Beware of this scam!

Go peddle your shit somewhere else, dude!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. @boocoodinkydow

I just saw their cohort and matched them to this post. Banned them both but I sure wish someone had reported it earlier.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sorry brother Green. I got a bit flustered when I saw this sob pop up and failed to follow up. I’ll do better next time!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. I am just sorry they tried to rob you. Glad you had those alerts in place.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  20. No, didn’t receive anything. Yes, they attempted to charge 4 different charges to my card.