Is that what this is?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trixx, Apr 19, 2008.

1. That is an awesome pic!;)

Yeah, that is pretty much what you are looking for. You don't need one for every bulb though. You can use medium base splitters and put two bulbs in each corded socket.

You can get those at any hardware store, probably even wal-mart, target, whereever. They should be cheap anywhere you go.

Good luck.

2. Im trying to find little holder things for fluros so i can just plug the cord from the wall into the holders, then connect the fluro into the holders. Do things like these even exsist? if so, is that what i have found? If they do exsist and i dont have them, where can i find them??

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-of-FLUORESCEN...oryZ3201QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

^^^ I assume these would hold 1 light bulb. with a cord on each end of the holders on each end of the fluro.

Picture

[​IMG]

Am i right?

3. No, you cannot plug a fluro tube directly into the mains, you need a ballast and a starter. That is unless you use CFL's. But a basic fluro tube is a NO NO. Check out what electronics are in the box behind the tube if you have one at home. Remove the bulb and take the back plate off.

4. And whatever you do dont put a plug on each end of any tube:eek:

5. Yeah, you need to calm down. If you are using fluor tubes you need a ballast, starter, ends, etc. Don't try to rig it, buy a real fixture. If you can't afford a fixture, wait until you can to grow.

CFL's have a built in ballast and can be screwed into a regular medium based socket.

6. :metal::metal::metal: