Is Tap Water Good for my plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Redskins420, Nov 7, 2010.

1. I just planted some AK-47 seed a week ago and they are just sprouting. A friend of mine told me to leave Tap Water sittin a couple of days to dilute the chlorine and all those other chemicals out of it. is that True? i have just been using purified water but dont wanna use that no more. Can i really just leave the Tap Water sittin for a couple days to "sort of" purify it.

2. Yes. Allowing tap water to evaporate does rid it of some of the harmful chemicals. Just make sure it is at the right PH when you feed.

Good luck.

3. It depends on your tap water. Every treatment system puts out something slightly different, and then it passes through the pipes that lead to your part of town, your neighborhood, your street, and then your house, and it could have picked up all kinds of things along the way. Letting tap water sit out 24 hours will allow the chlorine to evaporate, but if you have hard water or other issues you may need to filter it.

4. Some municipalities use chloramine (mine included) and it won't evaporate like the old chlorine did. You will have to filter the water or use distilled.

5. Thanks for the INFO. So i should just keep on using Purified Water to b in the safe side huh?:smoke:

6. If you have a bucket for a res and an airstone and pump then a couple of hours will be ok to let the chlorine out. If not then 24 hours in an open bucket is fine.

7. Absolutely

8. If unsure of the quality of tap water take a sample of it to a local aquarium or if possible water cooler location and have them test it. They can give you a complete break down on whats in your water and then you can make adjustments with chems to maximize it for your grow and save $$$ from buying bottled water.

9. we always go by the if you will drink it your plants can drink it. not perfect by any means but good enough to know they wont die from it.

10. ^ what he said.

11. I tried using tap water and my plants quickly became ill. Turned out the water was PH 8.4 or so from the tap. MJ won't survive that. If you adjust ph then you might be ok.

12. every tap is differnt, ours comes out at 6.0

13. Thanx For the INFO