Is Something Going On?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by imcherokeeangel, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Is something going on with the site, or is my computer going wacko?

My smilies aren't working...when I click on one to the right, nothing happens...so I click 'more' and instead of the little box with the other smilies popping up, it just tosses me up to the top of the page...so that I gotta scroll back down to continue typing my message in here.

Sometimes, I read a thread and don't feel like replying just yet, so I subscribe. So, every since last night, when I'm in a thread I want to subscribe to, I hit the thread tools button and instead of the drop down menu that says 'subscribe to this thread', I just get tossed to the bottom of the page Clear down where it shows similar threads and users on the thread at the moment.

I repped someone earlier and instead of the rep box appearing it loads a new page for me to check approve or disapprove and leave a comment. Once I click to add the rep, it redirects me back to the post.

When I'm in a thread and I click on a users name, instead of the drop down box with the 'find more posts by this user', 'go to users profile', etc...I get taken directly to the persons profile...

Also, the profiles look different...

All of this leads me to think GC may be updating...BUT...I see other posts with smilies in them and noone else has mentioned noticing any of this. My computer did an automatic update the other day, so that makes me wonder if something's messed up on my end. And, I just noticed, the bold function in my reply box isn't letting me bold anything, either. Italic, too

Please help? I'm lost without my smiles...lol

If it's me (my computer), and someone could let me know, I can get to work on it

2. #2 SordidSole, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2010
    Well, I have been noticing the site loading really slowly lately. It's not just my internet, as every other site loads quickly. I've noticed also that the smilies are among the last things to load. Perhaps they're there, they just haven't loaded yet? Also, users' profiles are customizable, so they may have just decided to change theirs. If you go to mine, you'll notice I use different colors than the default...

3. There's something going on. I haven't noticed a smiley issue but my sig is all goofed up and when I sent a PM a few minutes ago, the little green box with suggested user names, while typing, didn't come up.

I messaged SJ about it to see if he's messing around with stuff. :p

4. Thank you, RMJL (insert smiley face here...lol)

I appreciate that.

5. I noticed that a lot of my friends that had their profiles all customized and shit is back to being plain....glitch or what? Mine is still fine but everyone elses is like back to default or whatever.

6. yeah i cant seem to post a thread. Ive been having wifi issues so i thought it was related to that, but i switched machines, same deal.

7. Well...what I noticed with the profiles is...the box where you type in a visitor message used to have tabs on it...about me, statistics, friends...and ya used to have to click those. Now they're in separate boxes below all the visitor messages. The tabs are gone. All my customizations are still there though.

And, now I've noticed that nothing is working in this reply box for me...I can't use italic, bold, font, colors, wrap quote around text, smilies, insert image...none of it.

And I was in a thread yesterday that I wanted to multiquote 2 people and the multiquote button doesn't work. The regular quote button does, though.

Haven't had no problems posting threads, though.

I figure if SJ is working on something, I just gotta wait it out...

I just didn't wanna have to tear into my computer if that wasn't the problem...I really hate doin that cause I'm always afraid of messin something up worse...lol

8. He's not working on anything. There's nothing going on.

Have you logged out, cleared everything and logged back in?
    Are you using Firefox? My issues were Firefox related, I think. I had to uninstall and reinstall after the last update for Firefox because it jacked everything up for me.

SJ's not doing anything, though. Sorry.

9. Aha! I think you may have just nailed it. I do have firefox and it just updated a couple days ago. I will try to clear everything and log back in. If that don't work, I'll uninstall and reinstall the Firefox.

Thank you so much!

10. Sorry for posting again...didn't think you'd see if I just edited it into my last post

RMJL...you are my favoritest person in the world right now :p

I signed out, cleared my cookies and my cache, signed back in, and everything works again! :hello:

Didn't have to reinstall the Firefox

I got my smilies back! WOOT! WOOT! :yay: (we need a dancing smiley...lol)

Again, thank you!

If I have any problems again, that will be the first thing I do...

:gc_rocks:

11. Cool...I'm glad that helped and that you didn't have to do the whole uninstall reinstall Firefox thing. It's easy and quick to do but still a pain in the ass. :p

So, go get crazy with the smilies and have a great day! :D

signed...your favoritest person in the world right now
    LOL! :p

12. Ha Ha! :D

I'm gonna be a smiley postin fool! Makin up for lost time...lol

I'm off! :bolt:

:smoke: