is smoking outside safe from cops?

Discussion in 'General' started by strawberryfields4eva, Apr 8, 2015.

1. ok, so i'm a college student living in an off campus apartment. i started smoking in my room through my window, but my roommates smelled it b/c their windows are a bit left of mine (i heard them talking about smelling weed and they seemed upset about it, but don't think they know it was me) anyways i think they'd rat me out if they knew it was me (they're the anti-weed conservative redneck types) So my only option is to smoke outside, which i'm afraid of getting caught by the cops

anyways i live in Texas, in a pretty conservative town...do you think i'll get in trouble for just smoking by the basketball court in the center of my apartment complex? every once in a while i see a police car patrolling around...

thanks

2. I live in Tx
    Your not in Waco are you?
    I would smoke outside. I would not stay in one spot. I will always try to be moving. You can use trees, brushes, shrubs to kind of conceal your smoking.
    Try and be quick
    Try to find a spot where you can see the cop first before he see s you.
    Someplace that isn't your apartments, but a quick couple mins away if you need to get home quick
    Do you have a dog? Can you get one? Great excuse for being outside, walking the dog

3. Basketball courts would probably be a bad spot because the cop is always going to check it out
    Someplace the cop is not going to patrol or drive near.
    Don't smoke with papers, joints are easy to spot

4. Get a dugout with a one hitter. Its really easy to make it look casual. As far as anyone who sees you knows, you're just walking along lighting your cigarette.

5. #5 Deleted member 646086, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Where I live (Ottawa) cops will just usually smash your shit or throw it away, or will pretend they didnt see you. Most cops here are very lax espescially in the suburbs. but There are bad cops everywhere, so you gotta be careful. If I decide to go outside to smoke i choose secluded areas and a concealable piece like a 1 hitter or bubbler. 

6. I would agree with dude up there. I would get a small pipe, like a dug out or chillum. Walk around, don't stay in one spot. Maybe light a cigarette too, so if they come close to you they will just smell the cigarette.

7. problem with a pipe is your sending off Morris code with every flick

vape pen is your safest bet

I am a professional

8. theres gotta be some spot in your apt complex thats out of sight or atleast somewhat hidden/in the cuts.

joints look like cigarettes, and are relatively edible in the event of a cop walking up. you can just walk down a street with a joint and nobody would know unless your smoking it like a fiend. bowls are a paraphanalia charge, i wouldnt keep a bowl on me unless it was locked in something. dugouts are actually suspicious, as you would never repeatedly light a cigarette 5 or so times and it still be full length. best place to go smoke would be some woods. if they are secluded enough you can take a damn bong out there and chill. 

over all of that, for your apartment you can get a smoke buddy, for 25 bucks. it eliminates all of the smell and smoke, almost completely, but there can be some in the bowl/ coming off the bowl and a little can escape if your mouth isnt tight on the thing. definitely a good investment for apartments.

10. Definitely use a joint. You'll just be some guy walking around. I smoke joints outside all the time and have forever. People see you walking down the street with it, they just assume you're smoking regular if they even notice you.

11. Get a vape. I use it in my house and no issues with smell.