Is skyrim worth getting an xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Captainbasch420, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Used to have a 360, but sold it because my mom lost her job and needed cash, this was a couple years back.

But with christmas coming up, im hoping to get a couple gamestop giftcards(they have preowned 360s for a little over 100 bucks.)
    And then save up money here and there(work as many extra hours as i can), so i can afford a 360, and skyrim.
    So what i wanna know is... Is it worth it?

I cant get it for pc(my pcs graphics dont support 3d, the most 3d game i can play is daggerfall. Lol.) and even if i COULD play it, i dont have internet at home anymore, so i wouldnt be able to play it because of steam(even i offline mode, id still have to activate it)
    Annndddd ps3s are more expensive.

Soooo yeah, is skyrim worth buying a preowned 360? Lol.

2. Yeah. My friend has it for Xbox and I have it for pc. It's definitely worth it, and it is far superior to the ps3 version. Just don't expect the same graphics as the pc obviously. Overall 60$ for 300+ hours of gameplay; you can't go wrong haha.

3. I mean if you think spending around $200 for however many hours of entertainment you'll get is worth it.. yeah. You'll probably get.. shit, I have no clue, 100 hours out of the game (maybe more or less depending on you). 100 hours for $200 really isn't a bad deal.. plus you'll have a 360 and can get other games too.

I'd say go for it

4. Haha, sorry i misread the question before.:smoke: I thought you were just pondering purchasing Skyrim! Even so, purchasing an Xbox for it would pay off, as the above poster said, and you can always buy some different titles for it.

5. I just picked it up today, looks pretty dope.
    It's hard to pick a focus though, there's too much to do

6. Mogwai is pretty spot on. I'd say definitely worth it, I've played like 40-50 (haven't checked) hours and It still feels like I haven't really scratched the surface. (those hours could be way off lol) but seriously, in this game the options are endless. It's really like 100 games in 1. You can dungeon crawl, you can quest, or my favorite; just raid every house for all of the valuables while sneaking around and sneak attacking people. Plus the character options are equally as endless.

7. Definitly. Been playing Skyrim since launch and still have no idea when Im going to stop discovering new stuff.

8. no....a 360 is only worth buying if you plan on buying more then one game for it.