Is she ready to harvest...What do you think?? (Pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Saloon11, Jun 17, 2010.

1. #1 Saloon11, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
    Whats going on...This is a PC Grow. Today is the 8th week of flowering. Between 45-50% of the hairs have turned red or orange. Trichomes are 8% clear, 90% cloudy, 2% amber. The plant should have 2 more tops but during the first week of flower the main stem was accidently snapped in half. Its definitely not going to be a huge yield but I do not really care as long as it is dank. The camera sucks so this is the best it'll get.

Pic 1- Right Bud
    Pic 2- Canopy / Side shot of tops
    Pic 3- Left Bud
    Pic 4- Side shot Bud
    Pic 5- Canopy / Side shot of tops

Based on the info and pics do you think they look ready?

If not, how much longer would you let them go (couple days, 1 week, 2 weeks)?

Attached Files:

2. It's really hard to tell by those pics.

I harvest when the trichs are 50/50 cloudy/amber.

3. Yeah sorry my camera is like 10 years old. I did that more so too show that amber hairs and the size of the buds

4. I dont know hard to tell, from those pics it looks as if they may need one more week, usually some yellowing in the leaves with an even darkening of the hairs is an easy way of the plant letting you know its ready.

5. Im beginning to think the same thing. From what I hear the calyx are supposed to fatten up when it is near harvest. Some have already, however the majority are still the same size.

6. i dont think anyone could tell you its time to harvest by pics anyhow, unless it was one of those macro pics of the triches. you really cant go by the color of the hairs.

7. ^Zactly. And to get a photo of trichs I don't even know if your typical macro lens would do it, may need to hook up to a microscope.