Is she ready for harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growwgodd, May 13, 2015.

1. w would like to harvest the whole plant but I want to be sure she's ready to go before I hang her..

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431478958.927149.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431478976.711891.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431478997.328634.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. ..

3. already bumping after 13 minutes lol? smoke a bowl & chill if no one has replied in like 2 hours bump it. if i could answer i would but i still am working on my first harvest. do you have a jewelers loupe ? you tell harvest time by the color of the trichomes on the bud not by the looks of the plant. 

4. The proof is in the trichromes.....the trichromes don't lie! Have you checked the trichrome. The leaves and orange pistols can lie to you .....the trichromes ...not so much!

5. She looks ready or close to it, but the only way to know for sure is checking out those tricomes.

6. is it better to pick a bud off and then check or is it easy to do while still on the plant? mine is only 2 weeks in flower so just trying to think ahead. 

7. #7 TheAnswer121, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    always check on the plant and check multiple areas

don't pluck anything off your plant while it's flowering unless you really need some smoke and once it's much closer to finishing

8. right. i wont be that desperate lol. i was just wondering if it was easy to see on the plant or if it was needed to pluck a bud off and then examine. 

9. Yeah check while its on the plant, its not hard to check. Are you using a loupe or a USB scope?

10. 50x loupe. im not even close to checking yet tho. its a 60 day lemon on day 45, i figured it'd be ready at day 75 until loki figured by the looks of it will be 85 days and i trust his advice. Just thinking ahead and maybe asking some questions the op may have. 

11. Yeah it is. Once it's trichomes begin turning from white to orange, red, etc. that means the thc level has peaked and the more they change color from white the more the thc content is degrading. ( or so I've read in multiple places, sounds right though)

12. noah may i ask how you see the trichomes? you must have some godly eyes my man. 

13. They look pretty orange to me, maybe it's just my eyes though I guess

14. your looking at the pistils. and the only trichomes you can see are the ones on the sugar leaves. you need to look at the actual BUD. have you had a harvest yet? 

15. I know, you don't think it has an orange hue to it? And yeah, ik the difference between trichomes and pistils

16. dude how can you tell without a 30x+ loupe? your obviously not understanding what trichomes you need to be looking at. the only orange i see are orange pistils which are NOT trichomes. didnt answer my question have you had a harvest yet?