Is Rush tanking the republican party?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IGOTJOINTS4YA, Jan 28, 2009.

1. #1 IGOTJOINTS4YA, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1155201977/bctid9140120001

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/18049.html

Rush Limbaugh told by GOP leadership to fuck off basically, Rush responds by saying there is no GOP leadership, just a bunch of pansies awed by The Messiah.

[​IMG]

It seems the GOP is tired of partisan bullshit for the most part, but Rush wants them to keep the shit throwing. Lets hope Rush suffers a vocal accident so none of us have to go through life hearing his bitter rants.

PS Fuck Keith Olbermann, just wanted to throw that out there.

2. i hate how he thinks he more important than he actually is

3. Bush tanked the Repubican party. Rush Limbaugh (and other right-wing pundits) only helped him.

4. Rush is still scary to some Dems because of his large following and the influence he has.

This was his response to Obama's jab at him.

5. Eight years of Bush is the reason the republicans have lost majority, not the current leadership. If the republicans want to do themselves a favour, they'll boot all the neo-con and radical christo-fascists from their election lists, deeming them on a collition course with tried and true republican conservative (and constitutional I might add) ideals.

A certain amount of infighting can be expected after a political party loses an election and not least, seat of power. It means that party have had its go, failed, and is in need of finding a more palatable and pragmatic platform.

I'm sure the democrats like nothing better than seeing the republicans have a proper row over where to put the blame for their demise. A fragmented opposition, afterall, is not a terribly effective one.

6. #6 IGOTJOINTS4YA, Jan 28, 2009
    Being a foreign blade, I think you get an outside view at our politics, probably mostly from TV and Internet.

I would like to note that Bush was not the reason why McCain lost, the same number of people just about voted for Bush that voted for McCain. It is just a number of new voters came out and voted for Obama, Obama basically carved himself a new market(see african americans and urban populated people).

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/results/president/map.html
    (look here and click on county bubbles or county leaders, the most populated counties of about every state that went Obama, voted for Obama, many times McCain would win much more counties of the state and but loss miserably in that state.)

That being said the only way the neo-cons and as you say christo-fascists get kicked out and a true conservative/constitutional candidate emerges is if he is electable. He can't be like a Ron Paul and be preaching down people necks about withholding the constitution. Althought the constitution is our most important document, most people worry about tangible matters. I hope Bobby Jindal gets the nomination, he turned down Bush in 2004 and McCain in 2008 as Vice-President nomination. Mans an upstart republican that is deviding himself from old leadership, my pick in 2012.

7. Rush doesn't care about America or conservatism. He cares about how much attention he gets, like MAnn Coulter cares about selling books. Limbaugh started the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies (LIACS). I think a better name would be the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Republican Studies (LIARS). At least he shares a few tidbits of good information every now and then.

8. Really? Bush didn't have an influence on people voting for Obama? Obama used Bush to his advantage. He was connecting McCain to Bush throughout the campaign, it was his key argument to why you shouldn't vote for McCain. Sure there were new voters and they were both influenced by Obama and by blaming Bush for our countries problems.

9. Now I just read where the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has launched an online petition to express outrage at conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh for saying he wanted President Obama to "fail." What a collection of jackasses.

10. Obama won because he was seemed different and that was what people were looking for. Sure I will concede bush was a factor, but sole factor is moronic. The bush comparison was a talking point for the regular voters, "hope & change" was for the new voters.

11. Of course not the sole factor but in my opinion it was the biggest factor. Yeah Obama was different. He was different from Bush. When the country takes a plunge like this the head of the leadership is blamed and in this case the party with it. "Hope and change" came about because of Bush, Obama was seen as someone against the status quo. It gave Obama huge advantage especially because McCain voted with Bush 95% of the time.

12. obama didnt win anything, he was appointed. he was born and bred for the position, just take a look at his mothers side of the family.

13. from my experience of being here I have seen most life long demcrats who disliked bush bring that up, most new voters I talked to said he liked his hope and change. you must realize most people don't watch the campaign rhetoric like you or me.

14. #14 skoinkins, Jan 28, 2009
    i'm not saying i like rush limbaugh, but i have much more respect for him than most democrats on capital hill. he says what he believes, and he's not a pussy, he doesn't care what other people think of his views, and isn't worried about offending special interest groups, he is the kind of person i want in gov, someone who doesn't constantly change their views for political reasons, and isn't afraid to say what's right, even if it costs him a few fans.
    if you want to get hate rants involved, some democrats have reffered to him as evil, stupid, disgusting, a pig, and many other profanities. those sound like hateful words to me, you need to open your eyes and see where the hate comes from, rush digs up dirt, and discredits people he doesn't believe in. that's not hate. although i'm not going to lie, he hates along with you and me every once in a while.
    (and fyi, that guy that obama said he would send after hannity and he would "tear him up" sean hannity extended an invitation to him to be on his show, and he didn't show up, who would have thought?)
    and clearly the democrats in congress were afraid of him, in fact they were willing to censor radio nationwide (and restrict another one of our freedoms such as smoking bans, trans fat bans, and gun control) just to cut down his voice.
    and to answer question num 1, whats tanking the republican is moderated, closer to liberal "conservatives" such as high spending george bush.

15. I listen to Limbaugh every day at work and I have for years. I bet most of you have never heard an entire three hour show.

Limbaugh is constantly taken out of context by those who criticize him and you had better believe that. Rush is right about pretty much everything he is saying.

This is all part of a liberal democrat talking point media agenda to demonize Limbaugh and to destroy and discredit him they way they always do to Republican leaders. The problem here is that he's not a Representative like Newt Gingrich, he is just a talk show host, just another media personality.

Yall better read this:

16. #16 IGOTJOINTS4YA, Jan 28, 2009
    I am a republican and I wish Rush Limbaugh would have his throats ripped out so we don't have to here his stupidity anymore.

Rush is discrediting himself, and no not a lot of the things he says are right, I could could go into great detail how I think his views on illegal immigration are some of the most imbecilic I have ever heard. After listening to a long 3 hour segment he devoted to just that, I could honestly say I felt stupider. Something to the effect we should adopt the same immigration laws Mexico has, which is basically apartheid.

That is not to say EVERYTHING he says is stupid, just most of his personal opinions are that of a 3 year old.

17. Well maybe you feel stupider; I do not.

How did he discredit himself?

What about his views on illegal immigration?

Limbaugh obviously shares the same views as millions of Americans on many issues because he put conservative talk radio on the map. Millions of Americans agree with him on many issues across the board.

And so what if your opinion is different? Does that mean Limbaugh should be silenced? He's just a guy on the radio; he does not effect policy in any way.

I'll tell you why the liberals hate Limbaugh and that is because he ridicules them and he has them figured out. Nobody understands what the left is up to better than Rush and they can't stand the fact that he has a huge audience for his brilliant political commentary.

Get ready for an onslaught of rule number 5 by the Hollywood liberal lame-stream media against Limbaugh.

Rule number 5 is practically the left's favorite weapon. :rolleyes:

Saul Alinsky's "Rules For Radicals"
    5. Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.
    http://www.unionfreeamerica.com/alinsky.htm

[​IMG]

18. Who cares? Is there anyone here that would really give a rats ass if either party tanked and a third or even fourth party emerged. The republican party is dead, been dead for a while as evidenced by their presidential nomination. There is no leadership. The republican party seems to slowly be merging into the Democratic party, anymore the two are indistinguishable.

19. Oh, I thought you were talking about the OTHER "Rush"

[​IMG]

20. Alright max, stop using the conservative defense rule number 1.

1. Put up the mantra that anyone who disagrees with you is apart of some liberal conspiracy to poison the drinking water.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHPm_TEQ0PA"]YouTube - Rush Limbaugh on Illegal Immigration[/ame]
    :)rolleyes:He even goes on to say to foreigners to not BAD MOUTH the president, double standards but ok, I see why he said that)

I will give you the reasons why this opinion of his is that of a 3 years old.

Borders around the world are dissolving this is a common occurrence, and Mexico is basically a nation with 4 different main provinces in it. 3 of those major provinces are governed very well by Mexican government, and are the regions most densely populated but because of the lack of industry in the north western region of Mexico, people are coming here for work.

Now I want you to realize something Max, something George Bush and McCain realized, but something Rush tends to forget. Most of these immigrants, are infact legal, and many of them in fact vote. I really stress before you go around saying these people should be apartheid and even the illegal ones, that the legal ones have a vote. You start to piss off a group of people of that magnitude, and I promise you, you think Obama was bad. They could get a liberal grease monkey the likes you could not imagine into the White house quicker than you could snap your fingers.

You think I am wrong, ask some of the Canada blade about there politics up there, how there is all of this constant bickering over stupid shit. Most of that is caused by Quebec and Newfoundland, and that is from all the years the English in Canda tried to force social and langauage onto the French speaking Canadians in that region. This is getting so heated that the democratic party had thought of merging with the liberal part to make it so the conservatives never have a chance, even though they disagree alot on many issues.

You could see the same thing here in America, and if you really think forching English to be learned here is the right thing to do, or that it is our set language, I show you the 29 million Mexican Americans HERE LEGALLY that will vote just to shut you down for denouncing there brotherin. That is one example of why no GOP leader or republican canidate will denounce illegal immigration to the extent of Rush and one among a list of reasons why they will shut him down immediatly.

As for there being a lot of listeners of Rush, I think those are the people that are like most people who are overty socially liberal in there views, but Politically they are set in stone to the point they will argue the sky is green when in fact it is blue.