Is ROOR worth the price?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ctgrant, Jan 16, 2017.

• Like Like x 2
  1. I've owned a Roor and loved it.
    But out of those two, I'd pick
    the UPC.

Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You're paying for a name, OP. Enjoy your expensive sticker.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. Man I'd go to a headshop.... I see pieces better than those for cheaper all the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well i recently bought a customized RooR from their HQ in Germany and i'll tell you what i think; You basically pay for the perfect tube. To be allowed into a scientific glass blowing course in Germany you need to be able to pass a test which includes taking a glass rod and collecting gather till you have a perfect shaped ball at the end of your rod. This gather needs to be perfectly round and it needs to be a specific diameter, and they need to make 3 of those in a row without any measuring...

When you buy a roor you buy a piece made by the people that basically popularized the bong in modern media. They know what they are doing and all have decades of exp in the scientific glass world. When you put a roor straight tube next to a Chinese one they will look exactly the same from a distance, but it's when you take a closer look that you notice the difference in quality; perfect strong joints, perfectly aligned downstems, cleaner higher quality boro, properly annealed ect... A 3.2mm thick but properly annealed bong is 3x stronger then a poorly or non-annealed 9mm bong. The blue one you listed is 3mm thick.

Does it get you higher then a cheaper bong? Nope. If you just want a bong to get you high that you won't clean too often and will mostly hide from visitors in a cabinet, get something cheap :) Some of my most fun sessions were with my old Grace Glass piece ;) I consider my roor a piece of art so i thoroughly clean it after each use and put it on display in my living room :)

BUT my bong had a small blemish and even after a few weeks and 2 emails with pictures to roor they still haven't replied yet... Just so you know. Other than that i'm very happy with it!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It all depends on what kind of quality your looking for. If you are just looking for a bong to get high with, don't go with roor. But if your looking for quality and perfect glass thickness, then go with roor

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. I've owned bongs ranging from $30-$200.

My current bong cost $30 and is easily my favorite piece out of them all. Real thick glass, a cool design, about 8". The bowl is kinda sucky but the actual bong itself is great!
    It's the favorite piece of all my friends as well.

Just a no name piece of glass from a local headshop.

Ironically the $200 one was the crowd's least favorite.

I'll agree with this. Stoner culture is kinda like car culture. You can have your Audi's, BMW's, (roors), or you can have your 2010 Honda Accord. Either way they'll both get the job done well, but some people take pride in the make.

• Like Like x 2
  7. #8 ctgrant, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Thanks for the input guys. Maybe a local headshop sounds like a better plan. I just thought headshops have a lot more china glass and I wanted to steer away from that. A co-worker of mine just purchased a black leaf bong and it was quality but I heard not great things. Anyone know anything about black leaf?

• Like Like x 2
  8. #9 grasscoty, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Yeah I think overpriced bongs are for the rich like snoop, willie or Tommy. I get the $30 bongs too. They get the job done. If I bought a Roor, it would be for bragging rights. And some friends would say it's fake and that would piss me off.

• Like Like x 1
  9. like someone on here said already. If its gonna be put away and hid from company. Then theres no reason to buy a expensive bong. Jut buy the best chinese looking one and go for it

• Like Like x 1
  10. Buy a glass blowing torch and learn to make your own ;) but seriously it's all personal preference, what's yours?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. what is the perfect glass thickness ?

12. well if people been telling you that then its probably for good reason
    the only reason to spend that kind of money is to tell friends how much you paid , which might make you feel good but they will just think you're a arrogant dickhead who wastes his money trying to impress people

• Like Like x 2
  13. you know what. Now that im high, i just thought about this. If you really want a nice one, you should get a custom one done. If you are willing to spend the money on a ROOR. Might as well on a custom one too. Look for your local glass blower.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Spending big bucks on a simple bong doesn't add up. I can see how heady glass can be expensive because some of them are one offs and take a lot of skill and time

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Most of these guys own shit glass themselves and have never hit a roor. From Germany, not china!

Roors not a bad choice. Though price wise you can do better. Check out 'hvy'

16. You are basically paying just for the name. You can get the same type of glass, thickness, etc. for cheaper. Out of those 2 options though, I would choose the RooR.

\ /

17. You are paying for the brand but you're also paying for quality. You get what you pay for. There are tons of other brands out there. I was going to buy a Roor but didn't due to the high prices on them.

18. honestly i had a roor dealers cup 9mm 25inch beaker a long time ago it was worth around 900, if you have the money dish it out in my opinion that bong rips cleaner then any trip 8 arm bio i have.

19. It's like beats headphones, HELLA expensive, absolute shit.

I had a pair of the Tour in ear buds, broke from a fucking static shock, got a new pair via exchange, same issue only a few weeks later...

Bought a cheap $10 pair of Rasta XXL's, they have lasted me FOREVER.

Now I know you're talking RooR bongs, but way I see it is they have much cheaper options and work just as well if not better than a RooR. A simple $20 bong will get you just as high and if it breaks you won't be mad for spending $1000+

The ONLY way I would buy an expensive bong like a RooR is if I won a Megamillions or Powerball jackpot, then I could justify spending so much money.