Is Ron Paul Really Going To Get In..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Skunky Monkey, Oct 16, 2011.

1. I just watched this video, and he couldn't of put it better, i really really hope he gets in because regardless yes we are voting for the lesser evil but he's a dam hell less evil than the others.

I do frown upon his views on religion and evolution. However who gives a fuck if he's sorting out most of the problems.

And do you guys think when he leaves will the next president just illegalize it again ?

Here's the video. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHBCsPYuKIs&feature=player_embedded]Ron Paul: End Marijuana Prohibition Now! - YouTube[/ame]

2. if i voted, and if i was american i would probably vote fro sir ron paul lol . he seems a better candidate than the others , especially obama preaching all that shit about hope and doesnt change anything

3. The beautiful part of RP's political libertarian ideology is that regardless of his personal beliefs on abortion and evolution, he respects states rights and leaves it up to the states to make those decisions. Therefore his personal beliefs need not apply..

4. yeah, if enough people vote for him then he'll get in.. if not, then no.

Problem will be with the state primaries, too many people won't register republican in order to vote for him in closed primaries.

But if he somehow gets the nomination, then yeah he'd win in a landslide. especially after a debate or 2 with Obama.

5. Can you imagine what that would be like :D so Obama, what are your views on marijuana and ending marijuana prohibition.

Obama: "Well i err i err urm err so yeh.

Paul: "I'm sorry but i didn't really catch any of that"

Obama: "What i meant was err when a err and a urm make a eurm the human race err"

:laughing: I really was rooting for Obama but he's a complete dumb ass, he doesn't know what he's doing and has only made things worse, even the people i know that are hardcore Obama advocates are now voting for Ron Paul :hello:

6. He's got a good shot. ;)

Ron Paul argues the war on drugs and marijuana prohibition and a lot of other issues based solely from a Constitutional approach.

He doesn't believe in Executive Orders although he did say that he would use an Executive Order to undo all previous Presidents Executive Orders (because he believes they are unconstitutional).

BUT, regarding marijuana...think alcohol prohibition. It took a Constitutional amendment for the Fed Gov to ban it, the same is needed for A LOT of other things the Feds do, including marijuana.

If he becomes President, he will have a great platform to spread the message of freedom and liberty so I think it would be hard to overturn the will of the people (if that's what they want). Also, if he presents a Constitutional argument or appoints judges that believe in the rule of law and the Constitution - they would be there for a long time, even after Ron Paul.

He's just a messenger for Liberty, the message will continue even after he is gone (I hope!).

This first one is an audio book of a chapter in his book, The Revolution: A Manifesto:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqG0-MWqUsg]Ron Paul on Marijuana Prohibition and its Scandalous Racist Roots - YouTube[/ame]

Next, part of an interview with John Stossel:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0GZznxMC14]Ron Paul on marijuana, prohibition, and personal freedom - YouTube[/ame]

And finally....music to everyones ears!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cldRh1SkRok]Ron Paul Would Pardon Nonviolent Drug Offenders - YouTube[/ame]

7. RON PAUL WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT. Face it, and then what?

I am a big Barny Frank supporter and the Bill he put together with Ron Paul is awesome.

But the real question is since Ron Paul is unlikely to get passed the primaries, who is your second choice?

People say they will write in Paul but the seems like a waist. Why not support one of the Libertarians who are running? I can't get a bead on you RP people, its seems like you heard he would legalize weed and that was enough for you. Is that it? Your not libertarian or republican or democrat, are you the independents that can never make up their mind? What?

[​IMG]

8. and then more status quo bush/obama politics i guess..

9. [​IMG]

10. indeed, sir.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn134-KLL7Y]Obama To End The War - YouTube[/ame]

[​IMG]

11. Dude, do you work for the Psychic Friends Network? Is Dionne Warwick back in business?

What can you tell us next? I want Tuesday's Mega Millions numbers!

12. Whats funny is that the only candidate with a 30 year track record against corporate bailouts, war mongering and drug prohibition is vehemently opposed by Dsourman and the biggest reason I can see why is that he is a social conservative.

Personal Morals =/ = Legislating Morality

States rights ftw.

Oh and I'd like some Mega Millions numbers too. :)

13. [​IMG]

:D

14. Ron Paul lesser of evils? Yeah right.

He is one of the most fit people to be president that exists on this planet. He is not a lesser evil, he is one of the greatest of the virtuous. I firmly believe that if he is President, he will be the greatest president the United States ever had.

15. Dude, from my 21 years of living on this planet, every one get power corrupted, that's just how it is dude, Ron will do bad things like all of them do, they wont be nearly as bad though :p

16. If Ron Paul is elected and does "bad things" (say, like Bush/Obama), I give up.

17. Can someone tell me why the Media ignores him :confused:

18. I think a good way to judge a candidate is not by how they are or are not like other politicians, but how the establishment - media, Congress, and corporate influence - take to a candidate.

They hate Ron Paul.

Every time he is mentioned on the media its laughs and giggles all around. He wins countless straw polls, they means nothing. Herman Cain wins 1, and he is now in the 'Top Tier.'

Paul's ideas of a deregulated economy, ending the Fed, and bringing our troops home are a huge threat to the military industrial complex, big pharma, the prison industrial complex, and the global banking cartel.

Seeing as ^those are the interests in his way, it shouldn't be surprising many people think he's a crazy, racist, old geezer.

19. How can you say that voting for Ron Paul is a waste but voting for a 3rd party candidate is not? When was the last time a 3rd party candidate was ever even considered an actual part of the race?

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about with the bold part. If you spend more than 3 seconds actually reading posts in this forum, then you'll see that the most important issues Ron Paul supporters consider are the economy, the wars, and the Constitution. Obviously, the war on drugs is important because it involves all three of those things.

I might be overestimating you but I don't think you're actually stupid enough to believe the things you say so I'm just going to file you under "Forum Troll" and move on with appreciating Ron Paul.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYGh0zUQKVs]Ron Paul vs Romney, Perry & Cain - YouTube[/ame]

20. because he's bad for business.