Is pot smoking a sin?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by BrAiNsTeW, Jul 4, 2007.

1. I was wodering on your guys interpretations of the Bible and wheter or not you thought smoking was a sin.:confused:

Been thinking about it for the last hour and am moderately undecided which is not very common for me on any issue.:rolleyes:

Any help is nice, and love to hear some good quotes for or against in the bible or elsewhere concerning it being a sin or not.:eek:

2. Is the Pope Muslim?

3. do you feel guilty about it? thats the essensce of a sin really, to me anyways.
    personal oppinion, it depends on what you use it for.
    i refuse to worship any god who punishes someone for wanting to expand their mind.

4. Well defined by the Bible is essentually defying the word of God.

5. Heres what you should do,take your bible and bury it.

That material is so outdated,man up take responsiblility for your own actions.

I swear I'm turning Atheist.:confused::confused::confused:

Please help me God...Is there even a God:confused::confused:

I'm so confused?????

6. oh well im not christian, not by a long shot, so disregard me if youre looking for the purely christian answer.

7. I agree, if you feel guilty about it, it is a sin. However, I'm the kind of guy who thinks that God, if he exists, is a just God that judges people based on their thoughts and feelings about their actions. REMEMBER!!! in religion, ignorance is bliss.

8. I do appreciate anything, anyone has to offer so long as the motive is to help answer my question... but yeah I am looking for a more Christian orriented point of view.

9. Genesis 1:12

/thread.

10. screw the bible. a 1st cenrey text ant telling me a 21st centrey person what to smoke.

11. Well that doesn't help me whatsoever and is not appreciated. :(

12. you go to a church ask your pastor. or just smoke weed and if you get a buring bush in the moring maybe u should stop.:D

13. Jesus christ, i told you Genesis 1:12. Read it.

14. A more serious answer. How could it be considered a sin? Do you consider drinking a sin? Weed grows naturally, so assuming god exists, why would he put it here for us to smoke if he didn't want us to. :p Weed was put here to help us unlock parts of our brains that we don't normally use. FACT!

15. Wow, i cannot believe this is still going on. GENESIS 1:12 FUCK!

"NASB:\tThe earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good. (NASB ©1995)"

16. yea u made me bust out my old bible it had dust all over it lol. is that a sin?

17. "not that which goes into the mouth defines a man; that which comes out of the mouth defines a man" -jesus christ

a sin is something that keeps you away from god, and prevents you from experiencing what he has to offer. after adam and eve sinned, humanity was separated from god.

god's intention when he created herb was for it to be used as "thanksgiving", for those who know the truth.

is drinking alcohol a sin? no. is overdosing on heroin a sin? nope. is smoking ganja a sin? heck no. disobeying god is a sin.

18. I read Genesis 1:12 good pasage. I like the info I want to hear more passages, other sources and such. Love to hear more points of view personally. Thanks everyone for posting

19. Okay, why do you need more info? God created plants yielding fruit for our use. How much harder is it to understand that smoking weed is not a sin? If god made all plants for us to use, how would marijuana be any different? Why do you need biblical justification to smoke?

20. Well, because I like information, need no. I'm not trying to justify my use, just trying to inform myself on my religion and how it could relate to me.