Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is OG Kush an Indica or Sativa?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PaperZonly, Mar 16, 2012.

1. I would hardly say it is obvious. You could go generations before seeing any 'kush' traits.

2. true og kush is sativa dominant for sure.

3. Its obvious to those who know the genetics. Im pretty sure OG kush is clone only so you don't have to worry about waiting generations.

4. Interesting. Can you cite a source, please? I'm honestly interested in researching that. I've yet to find verified evidence as to the origins of the strain.

You believe Hindu Kush and Pakistan are Sativa dom?

Going off the link I posted, Dr. Greenthumb lists OG Kush as "Mostly Indica". Link. Reserva Privada (DNA Genetics premier line) considers it Indica/Sativa, with a Sativa Dom stone. You are correct on that quote from their seedbank.

Now, what are we ultimately left with?

Most of the banks/genetic catalogues I've personally reviewed indicate it is, at least, Indica/Sativa. The claims as to which is dominant vary across the board. Most of the reviews lean towards India these days (at least the ones I've been reading), but that can, and undoubtedly will, shift with time.

Based on personal experience, I've had more of an Indica effect than Sativa, but that isn't gospel. Besides, whenever you deal with hybrids you are going to have some that favour one parent over the other. :D

5. Too bad there are no OG kush seeds. Then we could have the Indica dom and Sativa dom phenos. The true OG Kush is a sativa though, but there have been so many different cuts that shit gets mixed up. Also people like to change names, for example people get Larry OG and call it OG Kush, when Larry OG could be an Indica dominant cut. (not sure, just using as example)

6. i had legit og before, it was definitely a sativa

7. #27 Boguisity, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    Ok, a lot of stuff to answer to but I'mma try to get everything.
    You clearly don't grow or you just enjoy making ignorant posts. Not saying your stupid, but you just don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you just didn't read what I said? Plants do decide to herm if they are flowered too long. When Chemdawg bought 2 ounces i believe of bud he got it in two bags. One had seeds (13 of them) while the other had none. I never said the plants decided to flower so don't try to put words in my mouth.

How about this, some more information you don't know. Trainwreck, yes the original trainwreck is known to herm. It's just fact. That's how that strain works. A shit load of strains will try to make a last ditch effort to preserve itself and herm at the end. It wont make a lot of seeds but it will indeed make a few.

It is a hoax in a way. If you knew much about the subject at hand you'd know that Og kush isn't a kush I mean cmon. It's the same strain man, On the east coast they just called it sour diesel or NYCD and on the west it was called og kush.

That's so funny, and what does skunk smell like? Sure it depends on the pheno but skunk strains can smell the exact same way.

This man knows.

I'm on a new laptop so I don't have all my old bookmarks, but I'll see if I can find the link tot he story that CD posted himself.

I never said that. I believe all those are dominantly indica. What I said was that the above strains [Skunk, chemdawg, og kush and sour diesel are all sativa dom. I never once mentioned Pakistan or Hindu kush in my original post.

Ah, I was posting in my sleep last night and I went off of the way he described the actual high. "euphoric" and "highly energetic". You have me there. I don't believe in any seedbank having any original cali strain though. If we're lucky they might have an actual cross, but the having the strain itself? I highly doubt it. How about I switch angles, Who do you expect to know more about the original strain. Reserva Privada FROM California, or Dr Greenthumb from Canada?

And that's what we call business.

No problem man. Trying to enlighten one post at a time.

Regardless, it's still going to be debated and in a week or two someone's going to ask this same damn question again. I don't think a lot of people are actually getting og kush, a lot of people just use that as a fallback name since it's so well known and in high demand. Like oh I got this fire, oh you wanna buy some dro? Oh wait here's some og kush! In the end, long as it gets you high who gives a flying duck.

8. "You clearly don't grow or you just enjoy making ignorant posts. Not saying your stupid, but you just don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you just didn't read what I said? Plants do decide to herm if they are flowered too long. When Chemdawg bought 2 ounces i believe of bud he got it in two bags. One had seeds (13 of them) while the other had none. I never said the plants decided to flower so don't try to put words in my mouth.

How about this, some more information you don't know. Trainwreck, yes the original trainwreck is known to herm. It's just fact. That's how that strain works. A shit load of strains will try to make a last ditch effort to preserve itself and herm at the end. It wont make a lot of seeds but it will indeed make a few."

I do grow, and like I said strains don't turn hermaphrodite unless its in there genetics or the grower fucked up. Letting a plant grow to long is fucking up in my book.

For the last time,
    OG Kush= (Chemdawg 91 x Lemon Thai/Old world Paki Kush)

9. ak you are just disagree for the fact to disagree.

10. Or maybe because I did 10 minutes of research and found the true answer. To say that OGK has no Kush in it is just plain fuckin stupid. Go tell that shit to a dispensary owner out in cali and he if you don't get laughed at. OGK is the backbone for almost every medicinal strain in Cali right now. If you don't believe me, fine, but you're straight up wrong.

11. I'm no expert, but i am going to say that Chem D is sativa dom. The wide fan leaves is the only thing i see that gives any indication of a possible indica dom. I am 5 weeks into flower and these things look about 3 weeks behind the Plat Kush and the fact that they are still growing, makes me believe it is Sat dom.

No way a indica dom stretches into week 5. Shit with the Plat kush i was getting ready to flush at this point and the Chems are still at pom pom stage. Easily going 10 weeks. i have yet to see a indica dom go 10 weeks.

12. Wow. So many people think that the "stone" make the plant indica or sativa:confused:. Sativa refers to taller lanky phenos from equatorial origin not how you feel from the high. Its amazing that 9 out of 10 dispensaries here in CA classify og as an indica since the dispensary owners know nothing about cannabis:rolleyes:. Og is a sativa any grower knows this! The original cut was 25% paki kush but the indica has disappeared since the original strain lives on through seeds from accidental hermaphrodite pollination and some intentional crosses:smoke:. The original had 25% kush/indica, next gen s1 seeds have 12.5% and so on. All the major cuts: Tahoe, Larry, SFV, Ghost, True, Diamond, Presidential, Poison, XXX, Private Reserve, $100, Hells Angel, and the planetaries are all sativa phenos:hello:. The exceptions: Diablo shows some major indica, King Louie and Obama Og also do. Abusive og is straight indica but I don't consider it an og myself; its a kush. I've grown out all the cuts I mentioned above and can tell you that's where they stand.

13. Real OG Kush is a sativa dom hybrid, anyone saying otherwise doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

14. :hello:

15. see quote