Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is OG Kush an Indica or Sativa?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PaperZonly, Mar 16, 2012.

1. According to Leafly, which is what I always use as a reference, it's classified as mainly sativa. OG Kush Marijuana Reviews - Leafly But I've seen other sites list it as an indica, here's one OG Kush Strain Review | User Rating on OG Kush Marijuana » Medical Marijuana Strain Reviews . Here's the OG Kush I've got right now http://forum.grasscity.com/stash-jar/1018309-atl-ga-og-kush-pickup.html , it's a killer smoke. But after smoking a few blunts of this since last night, even had some out of a volcano yesterday, it definitely feels like an indica "stone",

2. Kush strains are indica strains, unless crossed with a sativa. Then it's a hybrid. There's never a sativa Kush though.

3. thats what I thought, but did you read the leafly review? Says "Despite its name, this strain is not a "Kush" although it does posses some indica traits and is rumored to have some Kush in its genetic heritage." So is it a true kush?

4. This.

5. TRUE OG Kush is Sat. Dom.

However, it's impossible to find the real OGK anywhere anymore. So chances are, if you got something stoney, you've prolly got some other (real) Kush.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

6. The ORIGINAL cut of OG is sativa dominant, and lots of people therefore don't understand the 'kush' in the name.
    So many hybrids and crossbreeds now though, which most of ARE Indica dominant.
    But the ORIGINAL, is as I said.

7. The modern strains genetics are: Chemdawg x {Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan}, making it an indica dom hybrid.

8. [quote name='"GaiaGuy"']The modern strains genetics are: Chemdawg x {Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan}, making it an indica dom hybrid.[/quote]

ChemDawg '91 = Sativa
    LemonThai = Sativa

There's only one Indica strain bred into OGK, and that's Old World Pak Kush, not a Hindu Kush.

No matter how you slice it, the Original OGK is Sativa Dom.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

9. I specified "modern strains genetics". I assume the OP is asking about what he could buy today, not in the early 90s.

SeedFinder.eu :: Marijuana Strain Database | Search

The 5 listings of current OG Kush specify the genetics I mentioned earlier: Chemdawg x {Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan}

- ChemDawg is listed as Indica/Indica Dom. The exact genetics of ChemDawg are not known, reportedly originiating from bag seed. It is a backbone of both OG Kush & Sour Diesel, and several others.
    - Lemon Thai is a Sativa/Sativa dom. (Thailand Sativa x Hawaii, possibly. Hawaii is Indica/Sativa.)
    - Hindu Kush is Indica/Mostly Indica. (Depending on source.)
    - Pakistan is Indica.

Peace.

10. I actually had gotten my hands on an oz of madman og ( la confidential x og kush) from my caregiver it definitely had traits from the original og kush it was all head high with a very uplifting feel I have since made sure he kept that in a cycle and I have a few clones of it myself going as this is the closest I have gotten to it thus far. I one day hope to find the original but rumor has it it was clone only and rarely if ever left LA I'm currenty in the OC. I have Also gotten my hands on the true sativa Dom chem dawg from a local collective. Both were very good I'm just looking for the lemon Thai now and the paki land race.

11. ding ding ding ding 100% man.:cool::hello:

12. I've had tons of OG Kushes in my life. Well actually maybe I've had the real original Tahoe OG Kush (some say it originated in SFV but let's just say the original is Tahoe) twice. It's a 50/50 hybrid. I've have the original before and it's some of the most potent weed I ever smoked.

http://nugs.com/article/strain-review-tahoe-og-kush-original-cut.html

13. I'm sorry but this is wrong. Chemdawg is a sativa and OG Kush AND sour diesel are Chemdawg, just a selected pheno. No crosses or any of that other bullshit. Chemdawg, the original came from a skunk plant that decided to herm in late flowering. All of the above mentioned strains are dominantly sativa 60/40 or so. And as someone said Og Kush isn't a kush at all.

Another thing to note, going off the link you posted. Reserva Privada AND Dr Greenthumb considers Og kush as sativa dominant. Here's a qoute.

"Originating from crossing ChemDawg to a Lemon thai/Paki kush (probably, some people say its a chemdawg-cut). The OG kush has a sativa dom stone with an astingent lemon flavor that turns more earthy when grown organic."

The only person to consider it indica is Dinafem talking about a strain THEY made called Chemdog X. At that, they have the nerve to put "probably" by the linage.

C'mon man, gotta do better than that. :bongin:

14. #14 lemonade AK47, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
    The beauty of chemdawg is that its genetics are unknown. It got its name from the guy that grew it from a seed he got from a grateful dead concert. "decided to herm" HAHAHA thats great! Plants don't "decide" to flower, its either in its genetics to turn hermaphrodite or the grower fucked up. They don't just "decide"

So youre saying that OG Kush has no Kush in its genetics? Thats a lie or the greatest hoax in all the world of Cannabis. Ive read from multiple sources that OG kush is Chem 91 x (lemon thai x various kushes) some say paki some say hindu, its all really similar.

I'd love to get a hold of some chem 91, lemon thai, and some true Kush seeds, Cross them and see what kind of crazy phenos come out.

The Lemon Thai explanes OG's signature lemon/pinesol smell. So to say it doesn't have lemon thai (or at least some sort of lemon) in it seems far fetched.

15. thanks, BOGUISISTY, man i hate how someone reads some shit on a seed dealer site and takes it for fact just because someone else is making money on it.

16. And where did you come across your vast knowledge of genetics?

To say that OG Kush has no actual Kush in it is completely made up.

17. OG Kush is not a true Kush. It's a ChemDog hybrid that comes up with many different phenotypes. Kushes are Landrace strains found in the Kush Mountains

[​IMG]

Kush is normally a very stable strain resulting from many generations of successful natural cross ups with other wild Kushes. You should not be seeing any sativa in Kush unless it is a hybrid from a breeder.

18. No one ever said OG kush was a true Kush. It has Kush in its genetics obviously, but we all know it wasn't grown in the Hindu Kush mountains.

OG Kush is sativa dominant because 2 out of the 3 strains used to make it are sativa dominant.

19. OG Kush:

"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
    Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
    Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush."

Lineage:ChemDawg x [ Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush]

Info on the differnt kutz of OG Kush:

Tahoe= cut brough into the community by Swerve. The grower that Swerve got it from had sourced the cut in the Lake Tahoe area in the 90's.

-Larry= The Orange County Larry cut that is availble in the medical scene came from the same Orange County crew that the H.A O.G Kush came from

-SFV= There are a million O.G cuts grown in the S.F.V, however the cut that goes by this name on these forums and in medical disp. came from forum member Swerve

-Ghost= This cut came from ORGNKID, ORGNKID had sold a O.G cut to a Overgrow forum member named "Ghost" who further distributed the cut.

-Tripple OG= This cut came from ORGNKID. This cut is A.K.A Triple X/XXX O.G Kush. Triple O.G was popularly sold to medical patients by the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

-Abusive= This cut was brought into the community by an overgrow member named "Abusive", believe it or not Abusive claimed to have got the cut through the rapper Snoop Dogg.

-SAC#2= Cut brought into the scene by forum member O.Gkushman, O.Gkushman got the cut from DJ Muggs.

-P.R OG A.K.A Private Reserve O.G= Another O.G cut that ORGNKID brought into the scene. The cut was sold to Med patients as Private Reserve O.G through the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

-Apothecary = O.G cut brought into the scene by the apothecary seed co's Brett. Brett got it from a high profile Medical MJ activist in L.A back in 1999

-Diablo= This = cut came from the R.D.C disp. In the San Fernando Valley

-Raskal's OG= Another cut sourced in the San Fernando Valley. Cut was bought for several thousand dollers from ******* ***** members by a friends of forum member OGraskal

-HA OG= Cut came from an commercial H.A room in Orange County, grown by the same crew that brought the Orange County Larry cut into the medical Disp.

-Poison OG=Cut came from O.Gkushman, he grew it from seed found in a pound of O.G back in ‘96

-SAC#1 & #3= #1 came from G-Thumb in the San Fernando Valley, #3 came from San Fernando Valley but is very popular in Santa Barbara and sometimes goes by the name “Purple O.G Kush”, the cut was brought into the scene by the owner of the now defunct Hortipharm in Santa Barbara

20. Good to see someone know the OG's. All OG and all FIRE!!
    Especially that Raskal and that Larry.