Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is my weed okay to smoke? Does it have mold or bud rot?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SirWeedenstein, May 15, 2021.

1. Hi all!

Just curious if my bud is safe to smoke. It looks really yellow, and has a white spider-webby thing at the top.

What are your opinions? The weed was on sale so maybe it’s old?

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. It looks really old to me? Is it dry?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes it is quite dry for sure

4. That shit looks wrong man dont smoke it

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Looks like it went bad imo. I wouldn't risk it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Eeeee that is 100% Bud Rot. Bin it

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. You can see the fuzzy white mold right on the top of that bud. A disgrace to Cannabis

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. No way that's from a legal dispensery, I would report them for selling that, even low priced is illegal to sell contaminated cannabis especially with mold/fungus that is a health hazard.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. looks like mold and lightburns

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Prob has zero potency left and give u some type of lung infection

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Buncha Cowards. Send it here. I'll eat it if it's not fit to smoke. Odds are I've smoked far worse. The smuggled Mexican dirt weed we smoked for decades was anything but quality.

Stunk of Mold, Gasoline, Diesel, Fertilizer, Various Produce, depending on how it had been transported. They fed anything from green live plants to standing dead, dried crap into a hydraulic press and wrapped Kilo bricks with brown paper and twine..

Decarb a fingernail worth 240 F for 40 minutes. Mix with enough butter to make mud.
    Process, Heat 220 F for 20 min. Eat half. If not stoned in 2 hours eat the rest.

You can safely eat material you'd consider un-smokable.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I actually went back in person and they said some buds were burnt by the light and that there’s no mold on it. But it looks pretty moldy?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. A dispensary sold you that pitiful bud? That is just sad man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. hey, i have a similar question, if someone could give their opinion.

i got a nice looking nug, coated from inside to out in crystal. it looked overly fresh, didn't pack a big punch and hasn't got a good smell, i wouldn't call it the amonia type smell though, to be kind i would lean towards it being slightly peppery. anyway, i know there isn't a lot, but interested to hear your thoughts on it even if the pics are not the best.

my guess is, it was fresh and not cured, i may be miles off though. i could even be sprayed with something although i don't think so. i am guessing that because now trying to dry it out, the outter parts, seem to be crunchy, as if something coated in sugar water might when drying, if you get me.

anyway, on with the pics. cheers

WEE1.png WEE2.png

Attached Files:

15. Hahaha that mexican dirt weed line says it all. No telling what kind of shit we were putting in our lungs for years!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. starting to think regarding the pictures i posted.. it could be mildew? im actually about to smoke it as my only choice, but still interested if im just being paranoid because it came from ropey source and aint ticking the boxes i like ticked.

17. Decarb a fingernail of bud (0.3-0.5 grams) 240 F for 40 minutes
    Mix with just enough butter or cooking oil to make mud (1/2 teaspoon)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Eat half
    If not ripped in 2 hours eat the rest.

BNW

18. If you got that from a dispensary I would be posting a review with pictures. Save other people from their horrible "weed".

19. Live the dream ... grow your own and have all the weed you can smoke ..

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. sorry to post again but my pictures didnt get any comments and i have a friend who is smoking it without a spleen and i'm worried because it's all he can get and he has to smoke etc. cheers

post #14 in here