Is my VaporBuddy safe to use?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Schnook, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Today I went down to a local head shop with the intention of buying a vaporgenie. They didn't have the vapor genie, but they had something similar looking so I bought it anyway. It turns out that its the vaporbuddy, which from most accounts on the internet contain lead paint. However, I found this one website VaporBuddy Vaporizer Lead Test that claims that there are two types of vaporbuddys. The original one did not contain lead paint, but a knock off was made by the chinese and it does contain lead paint. The source of the complaints against vaporbuddy came from the makers of vaporgenie so it would make sense that they would want to damage the reputation of their competitor. Anyone can just make something up on the internet and I really have no idea what to believe. Is there anyway to tell if what I have is safe to smoke out of?

2. I am sure there is some easy chemical test than can be done to confirm whether it has lead in it or not. I remember in chemistry class we would put a droplet of Iodine on Gold to confirm it is real gold or some bullshit like that. Just google for home tests and stuff lol

3. take it back and tell them you don't feel safe using it

4. if you have not used it at all yet, then just return it.
    i wouldnt use it, i was looking for a vaporgenie a while back and saw a thousand of those "vapor buddies" before i found the genie. i knew not to buy the knock offs. but the real thing wasnt for me, i ended up hating it. but a lot of people on a budget say they work great