Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is my sister allergic to weed ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Mobands2, Jun 23, 2019.

1. This may sound dumb but my sister is allergic to many things so our parents decided to take her to get tested for what she’s allergic to and one of the substances was “hemp seed oil”. She has never smoked before due to her fear of an allergic reaction. I don’t think anything will happen is she smoked a regular blunt with us but she insists she will. I did some research and nothing leads me to believe she will but she still thinks she’ll react to it. What do you guys think ?

• Funny Funny x 1

2. If she's going to try marijuana keep 999 on speed dial just incase lol

I wouldn't personally try any form of marijuana if I was allergic to hemp :confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Even us that grow and trim on a regular basis will come up against a plant that'll make us break out from skin contact. Sneezing, runny nose, watering eyes. The last one smelled like an open can of paint thinner and my help broke out in a rash on both arms and face. I wound up trimming that one alone and sneezed the whole time. After it was dry it had calmed down a bit but still had you sneezing when the jar was first opened.
    With all the possible combinations of terpenes that combine to create each strains unique smell it's very possible it'll trigger a reaction on her.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. It depends on how much you like your sister

I like mine....so I'd buy her a cask of wine instead

cheers/

5. Pro tip for allergies...if you think you're allergic to something but still want to try and eat/use it - Simply drive to the parking lot of your nearest hospital and try it there.
    It sounds irresponsible, but if you really want to know - go to the safest location most able to help you.
    Better that, than having to call an ambulance too.

There's a lot of different bits and pieces in marijuana...just because she's shown to have had allergies to one particular (and usually quite concentrated) related substance, in my mind, shouldn't rule out trying this.

6. Sometimes when ppl get sick smoking weed it's because the grower use chemical funguscides and pesticides.
    I know this most likely not the case but it is worth mentioning

7. She really wouldn't have to consume it through smoking/vaping or w/e means, I would imagine. Keeping what Brass said, just grabbing a few good quality nugs and squeezing them would probably trigger something if she was allergic.

If that comes out pretty good. I would take a puff, grab and try it and see. I don't know, that's just me.

8. There is a risky option, but it's better than trying just when you are allergic. Let him go to the pharmacy and ask for powerful allergy pills, and after 30-40 minutes after taking it, you can try to light it up.

It is strongly not recommended to smoke if allergic.

9. I dont know if it would be the same but I know a guy who can touch poison ivy and be fine. However if someone is burning wood or brush with poison Ivy on it, they'll end up in the hospital. With respiratory issues. The fire can be milea away depending on the wind. Once those oils are released in the air by the fire and carried by the wind, all it takes is one breathe and hes screwed. Yet we spend a lot of time in the woods together and I've seen him touch it.

So with that in mind I believe it's totally possible for someone to touch a bud just fine but could possibly have a reaction from smoking. Like with the poison ivy, a person might not have a skin allergy but a respiratory allergy.

Allergies are weird. I for one can stand with exposes skin in poison ivy without reaction. I had an aunt who pretty much had to lock herself inside for a couple weeks each year when ivy was at its highest. This year a guy I know some how managed the eat morrel mushrooms that came in contact with poison ivy. It messed him up, however my aunt would of died.

10. No such thing as a weed allergy. Made up condition.