1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

is my setup ok?

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by pooldude, Aug 1, 2002.

1. well heres what iv'e got .my area is 8 sq.feet i have a 400 watt mh light..i'm using the 11 plant ebb and flow setup with 2 air pumps 1 stone is inline and one is in the tank..walls are lined with foil dull side out..50 cfm bathroom exhaust fan in ceiling and a 6 by 12 in. vent in the floor.12 inch oscilating fan.also i'm gonna use a hps conversion bulb for flowering..thinking of starting flowering when the plants are about 12 in...i know thats a lot of plants for such a small place but with my other attempts about half my plants were males..so i figure 5 will be ok..i'm germinateing my seeds in rockwool cubes with a 1/4 strength mixture of IONIC 5-2-6..soon as i get my first set of fan leaves going i'm putting it into the hydro..with the same 1/4 mixture for the first week and then bumping it up a 1/4 every week till full strength.also will keeping my PH.around 6.5 to 6.8 be ok?..my pool chem test kit won't go any lower...and how far away should i keep the light to keep from toasting my plants..1 more question before i go,how often and for how long should i flood these things..my medium is geolite...

P.S.i want to thank everyone for the input i think iv'e got the situation by the balls.i just want to know if everything sounds ok with my setup.

Grasscity Deals Near You