Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is my scale broken?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Millentree10, Feb 11, 2012.

1. I turned on my scale tonight and it showed "out2" so I tried to calibrate it.

I have a ProScale LC-300 300g. So, naturally, it wants 300g to calibrate. I don't have any weights do I used my mates scale to weigh 300.0g of random coins and the tray, and I calibrated it using that.

But now, a nickel that comes out to 5.0g on his scale is 7.8g on mine.. I've retried this a lot to no avail. Is my scale broken?

2. Buy real weights and re calibrate using those

3. Recalibrate. You weren't exact, so it's not coming out exact.

4. But if his scale says its 300.0, what's the difference?

5. So I don't know of you have solved your problem since you posted in Feb., but I may have a solution. I was very surprised to see that someone had my exact problem - nickels weighing 7.8 grams. I had bought the scale earlier tonight, and had the guy throw a nickel on it for me and it came out to 5g even. I kinda played with it to see the oz weight and was satisfied with my purchase. I got home and switched back to grams and tried to weigh my stash. It was way off so I put the nickel. 7.8 wtf! Wellll after much deliberation, I discovered that my scale has four weight functions. Oz, G, ct, and ng. On 'ng' nickels weigh 78 (not 7.8) I hit the mode button to discover the gram weight - exactly 5.

Given the specific number (78,7.8) I think you should revisit your scale and see if you might have the same problem. Maybe this will help you, if not maybe it'll at least help someone else. Cheers!

6. Heh, I sort of solved the problem a while ago, yeah. The scale is kind of screwy I guess, since mine has four functions as well, but g is the one that measures a 7.8g nickel! Another setting, dwt, measures it as 5 though so idk what happened but it's backwards lol :smoke: the only problem with that is that I can't take it on a pickup because he would obv want to set it to 'grams'. For that reason, I just bought a new scale after a while and all is good now :bongin: