Is my plant trying to get more light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HanShotFirstx, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Why is it leaning?

Attached Files:

2. Stretching for the light. Bury the stem and get the light closer. What kind of light and what wattage are you using?

3. cause it gangster!!! Just bedning towards the light move it closer 2 inches from the light if using cfl.

4. My light system is HUGE, its about 70% hydrogen, 30% helium. Haha, but thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it. This is my first time growing and I really didn't expect the seeds to sprout, so I don't have a light system at all. Just the sun. But as I'm typing this I look over and it has straightened up considerably, or it looks like it has to me.
    By bury the stem you mean put more soil in the cup?

5. These are the plants in our garden, are they indica plants? Do they look decent?

6. These are the plants in our garden, are they indica plants? Do they look decent?

Attached Files:

7. Yessir, they look happy and healthy

8. #8 HanShotFirstx, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    Thanks man, but about these little sprouts I have, they are planted in cups smaller than a red solo cup, how long can I keep them in there? Remember these were planted without much planning, as I didn't think they would grow. Heres a pic of it next to a soda can for reference.

Attached Files:

9. Maybe start your plants indoors under a cfl. Yes stretched plants can have the stems buried. Buried stems will develop roots just like a clone cutting. As far as transplanting wait till you start seeing roots coming out the drain holes. I always start in solo cups and by the time roots start popping out the bottom they've got a nice root ball. That being said if you have a container to catch water under the cup and there's water in it roots will search it out. So make sure that's not why they're popping out. Even in a smaller cup you still have some time

10. 1 question that I always wonder about. I see alot of posts like yours. I've always wondered why people plant seeds and assume they won't sprout. Why is that?

11. I also wonder this, I see it all the time. Plant a seed and then be surprised that you now have a plant lol

12. Well mostly because I didn't really germinate them, one of them i let soak in water for a bit.

So the roots of your plants breakthrough a solo cup? Or do you make holes in the bottom?

13. it either germinated or it didn't and this one certainly did. You MUST have drainage holes in the bottom of the pot

14. What would you recommend I use to make these drainage holes?

15. Poke some holes in the bottom of a cup with whatever you have. Knife, scissors, ice pic, nail. Its just to let access water drain out so you don't drown your plant

16. And yes you did germinate them. I plant mine straight into soil, they still germinate. All this wet paper towels and bowls of water is an unnecessary step in my opinion. Yes to save room by not planting dud. But duds are few and far between in my experience. Plus a solo cup doesn't take up that much space

17. Thanks man, I just asked how you do it, to know if I can poke freely or have to worry about hitting roots

18. Holes poked, placed into overflow cup.

Attached Files:

19. Now that you have a pic from the top I can see you don't have very much soil in those cups. I would definetly bury the taller ones half way up the stem. The short one needs to be either buried as it grows or gently moved into a cup with more soil. Add perlite to your soil for aeration. If you don't put something in your soil for aeriation its going to retain alot of water and keep the plants roots to wet. If it was me I would carefully move all 3 into a slightly bigger cup with better soil, slightly burying the taller ones but that's just me

20. Also roots don't like light. I'm not sure how much light those cups let in but less transparent is always better. Get some solid color containers