Is my local hydro dealer truthful???

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by ocitown, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Been using AN products for a while and im happy,asked about their Sensizym and he said he got a memo from AN saying sorry about some product killing plants.He also said they arent a hydroponic chem. Co. and there are better products,he added he carries some because ppl want it but wont ever have the sensizym cause of their memo.I dont like this guys prices or aditude but he is close and its convienent for small needed stuff.Anyone here about this product killing ppls plants cause it seemed to really help root production for me?

2. lol AN is just fine...

3. It is nice to have a hydro store close by, for stuff you need right away.

Plan ahead and get most grow supplies on ebay,
    and save lot's of $.

You can get AN products on ebay cheaper than anywhere,
    along with lights, meters, fans, etc....

Enzymes are good product to use for hydro grows,
    to maintain healthy roots.

There are several enzyme products available.
    AN sensizym is one of the more reasonably priced products.

4. For a qt. i pay $21.20+tax at another place farther away,is e-bay cheaper after shipping?

5. I dont use any of the AN products, But I do know these Hydro shop owners are fucking greedy pricks !!!:mad:

At the begining of my current grow I went to pick up a few items, I keep track of all my nutrient prices so I can plan my budget, So I put aside 50 bucks which is what it cost me last time from this very same store, I go in there this time and everything has been marked up like 5-10 bucks it cost me an extra $35, fucking bullshit!!! Fuck hydro stores.

6. in response to ^^, i believe its called inflation, get used to it. instead of fuck hydro store owners, how bout fuck bush for throwing our economy in the shitter? think past the immediate people...:eek:

7. true, but you never really know what your getting from ebay. some people on there are fu**ed up. i have seen people use most of the nutrients, fill them back up with water re-seal and sell as "new un-opened" bottle of nutrients.

8. It would be nice if all products showed the PH and PPM of all products on labels so you could check and see if they were degraded or bunk products.:eek:

9. i prefer hydrozyne, i think it is a better product. but if you wanna go all the way i hear home and garden's root excelurator, but thats like 70 bucks. Hydrozyne is actually cheaper, because you use less that an stuff even though it initially cost a bit more.

10. Ever owned your own business?

do you understand the consept of profit margin, and what it takes to maintain a physical store location + employees etc..

how often do you have to buy shit from the hydro store? I havent needed anything for over a year now. so they see me once a year, maybe, if i go in. that means they dont get regular customers, which means they dont get regular income.

take an economy class man, businesses are expensive as hell.

btw, unless your a PRO and REALLy can prove that what you do is better, why would you NOT use the lucas formula?

11. wait its called hygrozyme, not sure i spelled that right. in europe i believe its called grozyme.

12. I use AN products and have never had a problem. The only thing I have heard is that they are discontinuing Clone-IT gel, because of problems (Can anyone verify that?). Everyone is right though. Products off of Ebay are WAY cheaper.

Example:

When I first started growing I didn't want to buy too many supplies unless the whole thing didn't work for any reason. I picked up 1 litre bottles of Micro, Glow, and Bloom, along with a small jar of Big Bud Powder for like $80, plus shipping. Since everything went OK with my first grow, I checked Ebay for AN products. I found a store on Ebay that sold me 4 litre bottles of Micro, Grow, and Bloom (No Big Bud with the package) for $90, including shipping.

It takes more planning as mentioned before, but that is some big savings. Plus you still have the local store in the event of emergency.

13. I go for the best of both worlds,i do a lil buisness at my local hydro shop so they know me and then do some research on the net.

Then go in and ASK if they can match my prices and sometimes they can and most of the time they meet me somewhere in the middle,so i save shipping and get it right away and they make some profit too.:D

14. Most of the time your buying from a store on ebay. If it is a ebay store you have nothing to worry about. Just make sure you don't buy it from a person (or atleast a lot of feedback).