Is my HPS light working correctly?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by justjack, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Im doing my second grow now. (The first I started with plants just starting to bud, and I started with my HPS) . Im just now starting to bud my 2nd grow and just switched from MH to HPS. I switched the bulbs , and am surprised how much dimmer and yellow/ orange the MPS is. It has been a while, but I dont remember it being that much different. I have a switchable ballast: when I first turned on the HPS, I realized after no more than 5 seconds that I forgot to switch the ballast. I turned it off immediately, switched the ballast, and the light came on. Im wondering if I could have damaged it in that short a period of time. OR is my memory not serving me right, and its running fine? Any input? justjack

2. Hey dude I did the same thing not switching my ballast real quick no less or more than 5 seconds mine is still working just fine. I think it's fine but the hps bulb def has a way dif spectrum I just switched from hps to mh because my mh was broken the first two weeks of veg n made the same mistake with the ballast. If
    U want to compare just buy new bulb I was told to switch every 6 months but idk just someone"s opinion