Is my harvest mouldy?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpelstiltskin11, Nov 8, 2019.

1. I had a very small plant ready, so i thought, to be harvested and now that i've ground it up after drying a bit over a week and vaporized some it tasted very chlorophyll like and possibly mouldy. I only now have pictures of it ground up but would appreciate any knowledge about if it is safe to keep consuming or to toss?

Attached Files:

2. no........

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can't see any mould weed tends to have that smell usually though but if it tastes a bit bad when you vape it then maybe you cured or dried it wrong or you could have forgot to flush it before you chopped it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mold is growing in your lungs right now. You might die.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Are you sure? I have pictures of another quite small plant I have grown in the same tent, the spots on the leaves worry me and also I can not tell if the white I see is mildew or trichomes

Attached Files:

7. That is not mould with the spots that is some thing to do with nutrients or light. I doubt that would make it taste bad when you are vaping though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nice colored weed
    When in doubt smoke out
    Kidding
    I don't see mold
    Close up of what you think is mold?

9. as @Pineapple-express has stated them spots are not mold plus its on the leaves most people dont smoke the leaves ,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  10. If it tastes much like chlorophyll or grassy, I believe that's usually a sign that it's been harvested at a stage I wouldn't call "mature enough", and/or been dried long enough, certainly not cured.

The pictures showing a TINY immature looking bit of bud on the stem lying in front of the keyboard in the other picture, would seem to indicate that you're not the most patient person when it comes to trying things out?
    I mean I know you say it was a "small plant" but yeah...stem size vs bud size and distribution...that thing looks nothing if not immature to me - If this is correct, I'd suggest you wait in future.

You should never snap bits off that aren't ready, it's not healthy for the remaining part of the plant and...it's all just killed potential of what would end up much bigger and better.

You're not getting a good example of what the plant could be like at all when you do this...which is pretty in line with what you're saying you're experiencing taste-wise.

Just how it looks to me, man.

Also I see no signs of mould/mildew present.

11. Thanks for the input, you're right about the impatience It's just I have/had 2 smaller (stunted) plants in potting mixes that were greatly affected by the other plant which was in a hydroponic setup growing much faster and taking the light, I did intend to only have one decent sized plant grow in the end for my very small grow space but I wanted to see what would happen to my stunted seedlings if I let them grow under my starter kit led.

12. Its not moldy!! Its not been cured and burped to let out the chlorophyll and bring out all them terps (FACTS)!!!!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

13. Dry too fast = grassy hay smell