Is my grow doomed? (or am I retarded?)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Simply_Myself, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Im trying to germinate then plant seeds from weed i bought, in a hollow amp box, 1ft by 1ft (about). I will be putting no lighting in there, (sunlight can easily get in though) and have no ventilation for it, ( i do keep a fan on in my room constantly though). I have no idea how old the seeds are, (how long do they live?) and wanna know if this is doomed, or just flat out laughable.

2. Any help anyone?

3. so you dont have any lights but youre doing an indoor grow?

doesnt sound too promising to me

as for the seeds i think they live for a long time as long as they werent mishandled

do you plan on putting the box by a window or something to get sunlight?

i dunno bro it just sounds way to sloppy to work...wish i could help more

4. Yeah, just doin this to kill time, but the amp is in direct sunlight for 3-6 hours, and the room is well lit for 8-10 hours (by sunlight).

5. no problem man, any help is fine for me, ty for your time and opinions

6. how many plants?

im not really all into growing but no one was responding to you so i figured id give it a shot

do you have to worry about other people living with you seeing the plant?

if youre just gonna have it sitting in the sun you may as well just put the plant outside...that is if you dont have to worry about others seeing it

7. I gotta worry about parents, which is why it's indoor. The screen on the front of the amp is too dark to see through, but lets in plenty of sunlight. Im trying to germinate 13-15 seeds right now, gonna see how many take, but i will probably only plant 2-4 of them (if i get that many)

8. Btw, would adding lighting help immensly, and if so how is that set up in terms of a power source (cant be constantly plugged in or it may spark some curiosity. Also, will it harm the plants if i still use the amp?

9. lighting would definatly help even if its just like 1 flourescent

i think the amp box would still be okay but is it pretty big?...im guessing 12 inches or taller would be adequate but smaller you might have trouble but im not sure

sucks that you have to watch out for parents im gonna have to do the same when i start my grow

one thing i would recommend is a computer tower...you can probably pick one up from the local flea market or whatever

that way its not suspicious and you have ventilation (computer fans) and if you have a bunch of extra wires around people wont take a second look because its by a computer they will just think the wires are for it

10. What do you mean by a comp tower, hollow one out exept fans, or keep i how it is? Also, wouldnt my parents wonder why i got a comp thats 20+ years old?

11. yeah just take all the shit out if it has anything in it but im sure you can find just the case without any parts...the fan thing was just and extra its not necessary

but yeah i guess that would be pretty sketchy with an old crappy case just lying around...

i wish i knew what your amp case looked like...

12. Also, could i just take a comp fan out of a old tower, wire it to use the power cord that the amp uses when plugged in (last resort) and screw that into the inside of my amp box? And could i use a black light, or would that do nothing?

13. yeah you could do that with the computer fan...if you can drill a hole in your box and stuff

As for lighting you have to have a flourescent or an HPS or something like that

im not too sure on any technical stuff

have you read grandpa's grow guide? it should have all the info you need about lights

from what i know however flourescent use the least amount of power however if you put them too close to your plants they can burn them...which is why alot of room and ventilation is necessary

14. Also, wouldnt the comp fans be kinda loud, i dunno if the amp box will muffle it much. The lighting distance from plants is kinda discouraging, cause theres not much room in there. Ty for the info though, ur sparkin ideas in my head. All i gotta do now is smoke a bowl or two and turn those ideas into fully formulated plans!

15. nah the computer fans by themselves arent very loud unless you get some really flimsy piece of crap fans but even then they arent really that loud

lighting might be a big problem for you though but if the box is wide at all then you might able to put the lights on the side of the box instead of the top

like what im gonna do with my box is put a light on top and maybe two on each side or somethin

smoke a bowl for me !

16. I dont think the fans will be too hard to do, just gotta get the lighting now. Also, im gonna keep an eye out for a better grow box/good place for an outdoor grow. Ty for all the help, im gonna +rep u for bein so nice. Ill try to keep u informed on the grow progress too.

17. np bro i hope all goes well

i also hope you dont get caught by the parentals i know you much that sucks

18. sry but a 1x1 box cannot hold all these things and a plant. sticking it outside's your best bet

19. sounds like a pretty stupid idea to me, what the hell is wrong with planting outdoors in the bush somewhere? on your roof maybe? least then youd have half a chance at growing some bud.

20. haha, you're going to try to plant 4 plants in a 1 ft by 1 ft area? thats not even enough for one