Is my friend insane?

Discussion in 'General' started by trunkricehelico, Nov 24, 2012.

1. I went to visit my friend for thanks giving since I moved away from my family. It's cool seein him but he seems like he's on a steady path to nowhere and has convinced himself he's not.

He's living with his brother and the first night I'm there he kicks my friend out of the apartment. He says he has four days to leave. Now I know his brother and they have always been pretty close. My friend claims his brother is fucked in the head now and it was completely random to kick him out. But there had to be something going on that lead up to that..

He went by some woman that he knows who has apparently has been dodgin his calls. He says that she dodged them on purpose cuz she knows that he wants to stay in her spare bedroom and pay rent. He says she underestimates him whatever that means.

He is a good people person and knows how to get around. But he's not going to college and keeps saying how theres no point. He says America is failing and there is no point getting American education cuz he can educate himself and has mathematically predicted that america will fall within years.

I've known this dude for years and were good buds since grade school but now adays it seems like he's so into his own head that he doesn't listen to shit I have to say. I'll say something and hes not paying a bit of attention. Granted he's gotta move out and I understand that. But lately it seems like he only cares about his own shit. If he sees a cute girl all he wants to do is talk about her. Dude what would you rate her? You think I have a shot? But if I talk about something he does not give two shit s

So from what I see hes working a labor job getting kicked out by his own brother and nobody will take him in. He has no plan for the future besides planning for the apocalypse and get rich quick schemes and how he's gonna be famous. If he can't be famous he wants to settle down in a remote country where he can farm and live off the land.

It's like he wants to avoid a normal nine to five. Is it safe to say my friend is insane?

2. sounds like he's lonely.

3. He wants nothing to do with people back home. He moved away and deleted his Facebook do that's his choice

4. This sounds exactly like somebody I know. I eventually had to cut ties with him completely. It sounds harsh but I'm trying to get my career started and he was just coasting by.

If your friend is anything like mine, it boils down to lack of direction. Again I'm going to sound cold here but when people aren't striving for anything, they just get in people's way. I'm not surprised his brother is kicking him out.

Also, get rich quick schemes and wanting to be famous are not signs of striving for a goal. He wants those things because he won't have to do any real work. He's avoiding having to put effort into his life.

I just wanna say once more, I'm basing this off a person I know. It could be a completely different situation but, from what you posted, they sound very similar.

Your friend needs direction and he needs to understand you have to work in life to get things. Nobody just becomes rich or becomes famous. As easy of a lifestyle it seems, most of the people who are rich and/or famous work their ass off.

5. I agree there . He was in a depression for awhile. And I'm pretty sure it's cuz he realized he wasn't gonna get everything he wanted all at once and actually had to work his way up. The woman who was dodgin his calls was hinting that he needs to get an education and good jobs with no degree are hard to come by. But afterwards he proceeded to say to me how she is not very smart and doesn't understand how smart he is.

6. no hes not insane

7. I would just chalk it up as the dude has a superiority complex.

8. Sounds like he wants to live like this guy, if he can get by without really hurting anyone and is happy then theres nothing wrong with that
    [​IMG]

9. Your friend understands what its like to have to live in the system and work for the government, he dont like it and dont want to do it. But at the same time he is a lazy guy, he dont want to get off his ass and do anything about it. He needs to get a job and pay his taxes or live under the radar and earn his own money to survive.
    Right now he aint doing either so he is basicly acting like a bum and he is part of the problem that America has. So go tell your friend to stop shouting his mouth about America is going down and get off his lazy ass and be part of the solution.

10. He wants to wear your skin like a damn winter coat! Get the hell out of the country, he will find you if you dont get far enough away.

11. he doesn't enjoy life

12. He needs to mature, for some people it's 18, others 25, others 35, others never :D. You catch my drift... Life is too short to let it pass you by. Hopefully he figures it out sooner rather than later, because otherwise he may have regrets about opportunities that he never took or worked for

Sending good vibes

13. #13 CBoddicker, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
    I think the question i'd ask your friend is if he'd still be good with doing manual labor jobs when he's well into his 50's. That stuff takes one hell of a toll on your back, joints and bones and will not be fun to do once your body starts giving out. Also, that unfortunately is one of the only types of work you can get without some sort of post-secondary education (technical/trade school, college) at least in the US.

Your friend needs to pull it together quick, before he ends up regretting his poor decisions later down the road. Those bullshit conspiracy theories and get rich quick schemes have clouded his judgement, and you need to give him a reality check before he really fucks up. Money doesn't just float down from the sky, as he seems to think it will for him. It can not be made by whatever horseshit ideas he's coming up with. Tell him to come up with a viable career option and pursue it, he will thank you in 20 years.

14. I would agree with lonely.

15. I think what is getting on my nerves is how big his ego has gotten. He always talks about how he's smarter than other people. There's a dude with a degree in psychology and he says he knows more than him by teaching himself and studying the world

16. It's probably him overcompensating for his situation. He more than likely recognizes he is in a bad situation so inflating his ego is a way to avoid his problems.

17. There are lots of people like that. They will find ways to get by, and even if they don't realize it, they are still conforming to fit into the very system they hate. So why not at least let it work in your favor?

It's his life. Who cares?

18. He can do whatever but it's annoying when he talks to me like he's smarter than me when in reality my life's goin in a better direction career wise.

He doesn't even converse with me anymore. If I talk about anything that doesn't have to do with him or something he brings up he just humors me with a response where you can tell he didn't give a shit about what I had to say and wasn't listening. Then he will immediately switch the topic to something concerning him

19. Yea I guess I gotta stop talking to him cuz literally everything is about him and if it's not about him he will change the topic to being about him.It sucks cuz he used to be one of my best friends