is my brain growing

Discussion in 'General' started by Boson-H, Mar 2, 2013.

1. you know how they say when your muscles are cramping theyre growing. well for the past 2 hours i've been reading and studying state functions, laws of thermodynamics and how to apply them to the atmosphere...and i got a headache man. does that mean my brain is cramping, and does that mean it is growing/learning. lol know what i mean? i'm high as fuck btw did this make ANY sense?

2. Itd make more sense to say it was from eye strain or readin in low light lol

3. No, I don't know how they say that...

Muscle cramps happen when your muscles contract, they aren't "growing". It happens for various reasons, the most common is an electrolyte imbalance, usually caused by dehydration but could also be caused by overexertion or even deep vein thrombosis (blood clot).

So no, getting a headache from reading isn't "your brain growing", it's a headache. ;)

4. I think he's just really baked, always loved your post scheme by the way, nice avatar.

5. oh, my bad, i remember someone sayin that sometime, and so i kinda...remembered it. ahaha. sorry man

6. i have to study state functions and all sorts of process control dynamics all weekend for my exam monday...

headaches expected :p drink more water and eat healthier foods man. i like to munch on almonds and cashews while i study for some reason :yummy:

7. your brain cannot become larger, but it can become denser.

the more you learn and exercise your brain the more synapses you build and that's how you get smart.

8. Nice, man! Haha. What is your program of study?

And maybe you could help me understand the concept bit better then. :p

...identifying state functions and path functions, differential scanning calorimetry, etc...though i was understanding the formulas i'm a bit confused: where do you get these numbers from to make the calculations? like if you need to test whether a property is a state function or a path function? where do you get the numbers/how do you measure these numbers? where do they come from and what do they represent? did i phrase that right?

9. Eat some peanuts. What a kickass reading food peanuts are.

10. I think mine might be completely different from yours :p

I'm studying chemical engineering ..