Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is my BHO extract ruined?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Skull and Bong, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I just ran a quarter of bud, had the butane bubbling on a pyrex dish outside. It was sunny and I had it sitting in the shade. I went into my house for 5 minutes and suddenly the sun disappeared and it started terrentially downpouring. My dish got filled with some water while the BHO is still bubbling. Is it ruined or will it be fine when it evaporates? also now I am forced to let it bubble in my house!!

2. A), get that butane out of your house

b) its going to take for fucking ever for the water to evaporate

c) after the water evaporates it should be fine assuming the rain wasnt filthy as fuck and full of pollutants lol

3. I put it back outside, had it next to reverse fan at window... It rained for a total of 5 minutes.. Was sunny and dry, Went dark and downpoured for 5 minutes... now its bright and sunny again but everything is drenched. And it will take forever to evaporate.. good 1\2 inch of water by the time i caught it

4. yea, in sunlight thats going to take numerous hours to evaporate lol....

5. water won't hurt bho

6. nope, just elongate the evaporation by a good few hundred times

7. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

nope, just elongate the evaporation by a good few hundred times[/quote]

that's tru but any smart guy wouldn't run bho when it's bout to rain... Juss sayin

8. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

nope, just elongate the evaporation by a good few hundred times[/quote]

if you read the new high times article it says that bho should be ran in water anyway .....

9. high times, not the place i go to for bho info lol

and as for running it into water... its not like it will really do much, butane is not water soluble, nor are the oils dissolved into it hahahahah

just adds evaporation time if you ask me

10. Umm... The sky was clear and sunny and everything was dry... I go inside and I heard pat pat from window. I go to my door open and half sky has massive black cloud and huge gusts of wind and terrential downpour swept through for 5 - 10 mins.. now everything is nice again I could not predict such bizarre weather I am sorry I am not psychic.

11. Damn that sucks. I'm impatient enough as is. I'd be pissed if i had to wait even longer haha.

12. Haha yeah I have it in a seperate drying quarters on a low heat heating pad in a non humidity zone. Since the sun is beating down hard again the air outside is extremely humid. It has made some progress :D

13. [quote name='"Skull and Bong"']Haha yeah I have it in a seperate drying quarters on a low heat heating pad in a non humidity zone. Since the sun is beating down hard again the air outside is extremely humid. It has made some progress :D[/quote]

The tane should be gone by now man... the water should have purged it pretty nicely lol

Is there oily shit floating around in the water?

14. no, theres some bits of pine needle though >.>

Offtopic: Sirsog I looked at some of your pickups and those are beautiful pictures :smoke:

15. lol.... well get that shit out...

but there should be hash oil floating in that water man.....

16. Theres that good ol thick golden brown oil stuck at the bottom the waters resting on top and appears to be just regular ol water. A good portion is evaporated now too

17. ah, yea it all got stuck haha thats good. If it hadnt you could have attempted to remove it from the water but its a pain in the ass lol

18. Yeah I was outside for the first 5 minutes so I saw the oil stick before the rain got in there. I'm just eager to take a massive oil rip!

19. Update: Accidently overdried it i scraped all of it up with a blade and it came up as a powder. Collected all the powder in a pile, made a cheap pill press out of a colored pencil index card and tape... Pressed all the powder and got a couple nice big chunks of hash. Overall though It appears to have come out unscathed by the water

20. did ya end up with wax? that's about the only thing that would happen after evaporation just cause i'm sure soooome moisture would get trapped from the direct exposure to the water