Is my attic tall enough for scrog?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UBStoned, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Hey all!

New poster and I'm about to start my first grow, I'm excited!

I'm looking to start a screen of green grow in my attic. I did some measurements, basically it's triangular shaped with a max height of 30" at the center where I would mount my lights (2 HPS lights, I can do 600W or 400W bulbs).

Is this enough to fit pots, have the plants grow to the screen, and then have enough room between the screen and the lights to not burn my plants with the lights? I've got a bunch of fans to get good air movement between the lights and the plants.

What I've read so far, I'm estimating about 8" of plant growth above the soil to the screen, then 20" from the screen to the lights. I don't have hoods for the lights yet, how much vertical space will they take up/how close to the ceiling will I be able to get the lights with them in a hood? I'm thinking of growing them in short but wide containers to minimize the height of the soil while still allowing a good root structure. Are my estimates off, is 8" tall enough for the plants in a ScrOG grow?

Any opinions and advice are welcomed!

2. Anyone???

3. If you had them in a cool tube with ventilation it would be a little better because of intensity of the lights at those watts.