Is MH really worth it?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Amizzle, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Just wondering if any of you have any good advice as to if getting a convertable balast that supports the MH/HPS bulbs is worth it. Im going to be running an 8-12 plant aeroponics set and we have one 400W HPS and are getting another one and thinking about geting the convertable one. Is it worth the extra 50 bucks? Does having MH light for your veg stage make a huge difference or is it kinda pointless.

2. Thats the thing - Right now we have 6 clones of ATF from the canabis club, on an aeroponics kit with a 400W HPS. We are planning on just throwing them on veg for like 1 - 2 weeks and just switching them over to flower since our room is a bit small right now. In the futre we may be on veg cycle for 1/2 - 1 1/2 months so Im not really thinkin that the MH is worth it. You think it will make a difference?

3. HIGH All, I just use a 1000W HPS though veg...the clones I use don't seem to miss the blue/ green color spectrum needed for veg...and I veg them for 2 weeks.

4. HIGH All, after the clones are rooted it's 2 weeks of veg...first sign is around 6 days...why not go for the extra...never hurts. I use a Hortilux bulb which does about the same.